Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Guru
PeterTWJ

Dolby Home Theater v4 for most Lenovo Laptops

[ Edited ]

Hi all

Since Dolby Home Theater v4 is overwhelming in the previous W520 Sound Enhancement Thread itself and confusing for the new, I would post pdf files of how to install Dolby and optimize your sound experience to the best possible experience as promised.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter
ThinkPad: W520 (4284-A99)

=============================================

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155...

Guru
PeterTWJ

Re: Dolby Home Theater v4 for most Lenovo Laptops

Hi all

The pdf guide to optimize Dolby and microphone / VoIP experience is in the attachments. 

Feel free to post if you have any questions or suggestions.

Peter

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (Essential/IdeaPad/ThinkPad)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi all

Dolby Parameter Sound Guide is here, this would help you if you want to tune your internal, or external speakers, headphones or other sound devices. Hope it helps. :smileyhappy:

Peter

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

Paper Tape
mredamon

I cannot get this to work on my w520

Paper Tape
mredamon

Guru
dragnoak

Peter,

Can I use this in my Y470? I already have the Realtek HD Audio Manager, so would this replace my Realtek system?

Thanks,

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
Punch Card
carage

mredamon wrote:

I cannot get this to work on my w520

I got mine working on W520 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The key is you should install with admin privileges whenever possible and install the PCEE driver first then install the control software.

Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi all

@ dragnoak
Yes, you can. However, you may lose some Realtek functions such as Key Control and Voice Filtering (For Singing / Karaoke). However, the greatest advantage is to fill missing layers of sound and increase the loudness of your sound.

@ mraedamon
carage is right, you need administrative right to install Dolby successfully. I would suggest you temporary disable your antimalware solution and Windows 7 built-in User Account Control to prevent unsuccessful installation.

Happy New Year! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve 

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future 

Punch Card
wonger007

[ Edited ]

hmm hope the instructions come out soon....

W520 (4270 CTO) | i7-2820QM | 16GB RAM 1333 MHz | Runcore MSATA SSD | 2x Kingston SATA2 SSD | Quadro 2000M | FHD | Windows 7
Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi wonger007

The instructions is just on top, under Attachment, all the pdf files.

New versions of tuning guide and tuning (.inx) would be releasing soon, stay tuned!

Happy New Year! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve 

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future