Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Cozine

EasyServ Memphis Refuses to Fix Defect

My X220 w/ IPS screen has multiple large white spots all over the screen. Having done research on this issue, I learned that it was a defect common among many X220 users. This was among several other issues I had.

Today, I received a call in which I was quoted $950 for repairing a laptop that costed $700 to buy brand new. I called back to discuss how this was a defect which should be covered under warranty. I was met with the representative telling me that I had to have caused this by myself. I proceeded to tell the representative that it was like this the day it came and then I was told that they are not that gullible.

I also asked for a supervisor and was told that one was not available.

What's my next step? I need this laptop repaired before January 15th.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: EasyServ Memphis Refuses to Fix Defect

[ Edited ]

hey Cozine,

welcome to the forums.

I was doing a search via >> http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/service-provider/default.page?

on Service Providers in New Jersey and what I got was

International Shared Services (ISS Solutions)
2010 Cabot Blvd W
Langhorne, PA, 19047

Tel: 2157522221

and

Emtec, Inc. (westwood and emtec)
525 Lincoln Dr W
Marlton, NJ, 7081
Tel: 9733764242

Did the support centre ( http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum ) , mention to you that EasyServ was an authorize service centre ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
Cozine

So you're saying bringing my product to one of these service centers would be similar to mailing it to EasyServ?
ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 800

If you need this fixed by January 15th, and Easy Serv refused to fix the machine, all I'm going to say is "good luck".

Your local service (NJ or PA) won't get you anywhere.

You need someone who can cut through the red tape and undo the perceived injustice for you...

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Serial Port
Chimuel

If you needed it fixed by a certain date, bringing it to a local service center might help. I had the ghost touch problem on my screen so I had the whole LCD/Digitizer unit replaced. I'm in VA and I brought my laptop in to a local service center and they had me send them my serial number and model number then they had the LCD overnighted to them. Next day I went over and they had me wait an hour and I had a new screen in my laptop. Very quick, and easy to deal with and I didn't have to lose as much time as I would have sending it in to EasyServ.

--

Chimuel

X220 Tablet Multitouch: Intel Core i7 2640m, 8GB RAM, 80GB Intel 310 Series mSata + 320GB 7200rpm 2.5", Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 AGN, Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0, Fingerprint Reader, 720P Webcam, Battery 6-cell 52+ and 6-cell slice 19+