Support in other languages: 
HDMI
beickus

Re: Faulty Lenovo Hardware (USB) ports

[ Edited ]

amanduro wrote:
Due to the fact that Lenovo and or IBM was not willing to investigate on that case, my customer with more than 1000 employees worldwide made a decision to use different brands in the future.

That has happened many times I assure you - I wonder there is not one man in there to think the possibility of losing customers not due to faulty parts ( that can happen with ANY laptop brand ) but due to indifference ?

Paper Tape
remasuri

Re: Faulty Lenovo Hardware (USB) portsey

Hey,

I'm from Germany and I've got exactly the same problem with my R500.

When the first USB broke I didnt want to send it in because this is my only laptop and I was afraid of not having it for a long time and so I told myself you still got two USB ports left. Now my second one broke and this is really causing me a problem and I want to send it in but now my warrenty is expired. But now Im reading that this seems to be a well known problem of some Lenvo laptops and so Im demanding Lenovo to give me some kind of solution scince it seems not like this is my fault and I think from a company like Lenovo someone should be able to ecpect that he is getting a laptops thats working 100%.

Best regards,

Johannes

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

Broken USB ports

remassuri,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced broken USB ports.  We are happy to look into your individual situation, and so if you will send along a private message with your contact information and MT / Serial # we can check how far our of warranty and see what can be done.

I must say it seems perhaps just a bit unfair in my opinion to have experienced issues in warranty, not contacted support or made use of the warranty and then once the warranty is expired to come and complain here and blame the quality of the system.  

Typically, broken ports don't happen on their own accord - stress from bumping a cable, or a drop or other physical stress is the most likely cause, especially if there are multiple ports being broken at different times.   Still, it is always that there are extenuating circumstances and we evaluate each situation carefully.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Retired Partner
MrHoodoo

Re: Broken USB ports

Hey Mark, i'm back up and going, and i'm doing some research on my end as to what's going on with this issue. I'll be in touch. Keep me updated on what you come across. Thanks

Fanfold Paper
srajesh

Ohh well...I had the same issue for one of the laptops I bought. Had been using it barely for 110 days, to be precise !!!. The USB port plastic pin came along with the mouse when I disconnected it. Raised a warranty claim with IBM India. Second USB port had the same issue the next day !! Now IBM and Lenovo says its a physical damage and hence cannot be claimed under warranty !!! I never had such an appalling response from IBM/Lenovo on this. just in the previous quarter had made a decision of standardizing IBM Thinkpad as our business laptop. Unfortunately have to have a rethink on this !!!!
Punch Card
kiixx

Re: Faulty Lenovo Hardware (USB) ports

Exactly, and it is very easy to see if the plastic just became loose and fell out by it self, or was broken loose, and i think all the plastic in a USB port is molded in 1 single process, there is not really any way for the plastic card that isolate the 4 pins to become loose without help, hence thats why i bought ADP coverage on my S10.

I love helping people, support engineer.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

@srajesh which thinkpad model do u have? This port problem occurred frequently only in R400 R500 T400 T500 W500 SL410 and SL510 machines.

Also can u post a picture showing the port problem?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

srajesh wrote:

The USB port plastic pin came along with the mouse when I disconnected it.

Rethinking the mice you buy would seem to be a good move.  A properly engineered USB plug wont cause any problems with a ThinkPad, but there are plenty of cheaply made USB plugs that may cause problems with USB sockets.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
srajesh

The thinkpad model is - Lenovo Thinkpad 0585 Iam using the standard Microsoft Mouse which never has the problem so far.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

Is it a thinkpad t410 or l510, etc.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft