as said you should post a picture.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
GrecRI

Re: Faulty Lenovo Hardware (USB) ports

I just had the exact same experience with a 3 week old E520. I bought this laptop because I had been so satisified with my T61.  But from the first time I used it,  I noticed that the front left USB port seemed tight whenever I inserted a USB device.

Yeserday, I removed the USB wireless modem and the top plastic piece in the USB port came out with it. I'm going to try to go to the retailer first because this is less than 30 days old. Very disappointing to say the least.

What's DOS?
bluetybo

I had same problem when i pulled usb cord out the plastic piece was stuck in cord.  I did not notice this at first so i tried to plug the cord back in, in doing so, i pushed the four pins back so they were touching the metal surrounding.  When i tried to restart my cpu i didnt get anything but a black screen.  What i did to fix this was i used a precision screwdriver to pull and pry the pins back out (without snapping them off) so they werent touching any metal. I tried to make pins straight.  I rebooted and bam she works like new :smileyhappy:

What's DOS?
pbriggy

I have had the same USB issues. Definately not because of memory sticks etc. as mine have broken using several different USB cable sticks etc. I am not sure, but I think the damage and bent pins may have caused damage to the motherboard as now the processing speed is ultra slow. Eg, to open a window takes about 3 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem?

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

pbriggy >make sure none of the pins are touching

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Blue Screen Again
alexkaj79

I have noticed that my USB ports are pretty tight too. i had my last laptop for about 10 yrs and i had not experinced that kind of tightness. So I thought maybe this is normal these days

My laptop is E520 1143.

Fanfold Paper
MikeBen

I just returned my Thinkpad under warranty finally. The front left usb port has the same problem as it seems thousands of others around the world. Depsite that, I had a message that the usb was damaged. No kidding! It fell apart soon after I got it but did not have time to get it repaired but I bought a reliable computer now and use it as a backup. They want $700! I have tried twice to call the service rep but always get voicemail. I have read of cases all around the world with this problem . I have never seen a usb be broken before on any device so of course it is damaged because it is defective. I left a message to be called back and to have my case escalated. Let's see. I will never deal with them above. When a part breaks itis because it is their defect not mine.

Fanfold Paper
MikeBen

I have 100% the same problem and the same experience. Can you imagine telling a customer, when the internet is full of people with this problem, that usbs are broken by a customer?