Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
lzap

Function keys gap on new ThinkPads

[ Edited ]

Dear Lenovo, 

ThinkPads are one of best laptops out there. We all know it. They are favoured in the IT industry not only for their durability. 
Last months we can see the shift from the traditional-like design to the modern style. The World's changing. We accept it. New look. Different setups. All okay. 
Changing the keyboard layout should be done in the most sensitive way. We can live with small changes. Most of us can even accept different layout of the INS-DEL-HOME-END-PGUP-PGDN groups. But do not take the gaps away please
Gaps between F4-F5 and F8-F9 are very important. We, IT professionals, use them every day. With your new keyboard layout we have to look on the keyboard every time we need to use any of the function keys. Do not slow the IT bloom down. Do not take these gaps. 
If you really need to take it away please give us bumps to some function keys. Just like on F and J keys. This wont break your new layout, but gives us possibility to work the same way as before. Without looking. 
Lukas "lzap" Zapletal

Moderator edit: Removed a couple of lines which did not stick to the Community Rules.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Function keys gap on new ThinkPads

@Izap,

Which laptop keyboard layout are you refering to? I've seen the T420 however the gaps between F4 and F5, F8 and F9 are still there.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 352
Solutions: 138

Re: Function keys gap on new ThinkPads

Hello,

I have an ThinkPad X120e, which probably has one of the the smallest keyboards produced, and it definitely has more space between the F4-F5, F8-F9 and F12-Ins keys than the interkey gaps between the others.  Admittedly it's not as much, but then again, this is a unit with an 11.6" LCD screen, so the keyboard spacing is going to be smaller than on, say, a W701ds.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество