Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
muol
Accepted Solution

How to look up order details with 10-digit order number?

I'm located stateside and ordered a replacement battery for my W700 on lenovo.com. I received a confirmation email with all relevant data from orders@lenovo.com. Then almost simultaneously a second one from lenovo@lenovo.com without a single character in it. Got a shipping notification from lenovo@lenovo.com two days later, which was again completely empty. It only had "Shipment notification: Order xxxxxx" in its subject.

I have a 10-digit order number, which doesn't work on www.lenovoorders.com , because they require 6-digit. I see my order listed on Lenovo's site under My Account -> View my Orders, but there 'View Order Details" only leads to an error message 'Message: Invalid Order/Quote Number'.:smileyfrustrated:

So what's going on there? It looks like Lenovo gave me an order number which cannot be digested by their own systems. I'm sure the battery is on its way, but I'd like to track the shipment.

I already emailed websales@lenovo.com, but they only gave me that 'we come back to you within 2 days' text module, which means translated they have no clue what to do.

I'd appreciate any other ideas about howto 'hack' into Lenovo to retrieve my order details.

----------------------------------
ThinkPad W700, W701, T40p, T420, X200S, TPT2, ThinkStation D20, ThinkCentre M90z, M92p
community supermod
erik

Re: How to look up order details with 10-digit order number?

[ Edited ]

try the following URL after plugging in your own info:

http://ovp.lenovo.com/lenovo-ovp/public/showDetail!showPublicOrderDetail.action?orderNumber=1234567890&email=email@server.com

cut and paste it into a new browser window, edit accordingly, and hit 'enter'.

let us know if this works for you.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Token Ring
muol

Re: How to look up order details with 10-digit order number?

Many thanks, erik! That worked and was right on time. Turned out my battery will be delivered by UPS with signature confirmation today.
----------------------------------
ThinkPad W700, W701, T40p, T420, X200S, TPT2, ThinkStation D20, ThinkCentre M90z, M92p