Support in other languages: 
IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 125

IWS in Argentina

[ Edited ]

I recieved an email that comes from "Lenovo Support" (latin american support for Lenovo products) after many discussion over the phone about G560 IWS in Argentina. This email said, again (yes, again), that G560 doesn't have IWS in Argentina. They gave me this link to check:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/htmls/1243938736365.html

That link is completely outdated!

I provide them (yes, I provide them!) the right one before they sent me that mail:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/Warranty/IWS_Status_Lookup.aspx

If they click on "International Warranty Service Eligible Countries - Lenovo 3000 series" under "IWS Eligible Countries Lists" this URL is opened:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/UserFiles/IWS/20100909035917_59.htm

They don't (don't want to) see it I think! I don't know if they are several mental ilness... Is that a requisit when they have been hired? Are they kidding me, right? Of course. Not only to me. To everybody!

So, you travelers (students, business people, tourists, etc) who comes to Argentina with your Lenovo. Take care, because this people (Lenovo Argentina or Latin American Support) doesn't know how to assist customers. They use outdated information to denied you technical service. They always will put you barriers and stupid excuses (for example: "you must to buy IWS", as one operator said me a few days ago).

The target of this post it's not solve my personal situation. I'm sure that I will get IWS in Argentina for my G560. The target of this post is to warn people, and maybe warn Lenovo Headquarters of the mechanics used in Latin America.

Solve this Lenovo!

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Token Ring
pepemosca

Re: IWS in Argentina

[ Edited ]

My problem is kind of the same.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y560 that I personally bought in US via the 1-866-968-4465 from Lenovo on June 11th 2010.

Now I have my computer with me in Argentina and the the problems starts.

I had from factory some problems with the LCD LED panel that where solved with a BIOS update, but some remain here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-and-Z-series/Widespread-Y560-Display-Problem/m-p/246542/hi...

Acording to this site:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/htmls/1221210303937.html

And this document:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/UserFiles/IWS/20100609114927_57.mht 

My computer is elegible for International Warranty Service (IWS).

So I called the Warranty Service number (0800-444-2722) for Argentina and they said that I should send my computer to the local warranty service in Buenos Aires: Unisys on July 14th.

The people there told me that they had no information and autorization to disarm or try to diagnose or fix my notebook. So they give it me back without doing any hardware or software check.

My question will be... Wasn't my computer elegible for IWS?

Since that July 14th, I have been listening the people at the 0800 telling me that my case has been reclaimed, and also I had listening them telling me that my computer was aproved for full replacement... But here in Argentina they don't have that information.

My question will be... Does Lenovo has an information problem?

What are the standard times for a computer repair?

Is this the quality Lenovo offers for their top-of-line / best seller (Y series) computer hardware?

Up to today, my problems listed on the forum remain here in front of me. And I have to live with them, but I keep fighting for a professional, clear and complete solution from Lenovo US, Lenovo Argentina and the 0800.

Topics: 78
Kudos: 248
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the IWS country list. In fact i have raised this up with the web team but i am not sure why there is delay in rectifying the error of inconsistent country list. I'll make sure to bring this topic to the team's attention again for customers in Argentina is able to receive services for their machine entitled for IWS.

Update:

1. The IWS country lists in these pages have been updated
    http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/htmls/1221210303937.html
    http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/htmls/1221210303937.html#

2. This page link below  is wrong and should not be used as reference. It has been deleted to avoid confusion.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/htmls/1243938736365.html

To check for IWS eligible country, please use this IWS page.

I have logged the case for IPnaSH so an agent will check this issue with both service/call centre and IPnaSH.

pepemosca, in regard to your LCD display issue, our team in US is investigating it now with a few sample units from customers. Thanks to them in sending in the machine for our inspection.

I know that your have problem with service centre in which your machine sholud be entitled for service according to the IWS eligible country list. Do you mind to send me a private message about your details and i'll get someone else to attend to you?

Info needed:

• Full Name
  • Machine Type Model
  • Machine Serial Number
  • Phone contact
  • Email address
  • Case number with call/service centre

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
Token Ring
pepemosca

[ Edited ]

I must add that my service was not rejected: the guys at Unisys were very polite and told me that they had no autorization to do my IWS.

Days later they told me that they can do my warranty, but they have not the software and manuals to do it.

Also, the guys at the 0800 tell me that my case is approved for notebook replacement and that information is not reflected on the guys at Unisys. So, no hardware is prepared for exchange.

Is there any unique warranty control system?

1 week later after an open Customer Resolution case, nobody calls me nor email me.

IPnaSh

Lenovo
IPnaSh

I called again today to customer service. On their system, my machine doesn't has IWS in Argentina. Yes, still in the same place.

A few minutes ago, I received an email (coincidence? of course...): a survey about service request. They ask me some many questions about service itself (what I think about customer service? what must to do Lenovo to improve customer service? bla, bla, bla, etc, etc - that kind of questions -).

Funny part is the email contains a "transaction resolution date" and it is "2010, 24 of August".

So... I still frozen and they still wasting my time.

Estimado cliente,

En Lenovo, su satisfacción es la medida de nuestro éxito.  Nos esforzamos permanentemente por mejorar nuestro nivel de servicio y asistencia técnica, por eso nos gustaría recibir su opinión sobre esta reciente solicitud de servicio.   Sus comentarios son muy importantes para nosotros.

Para acceder a la encuesta, haga clic en el URL que aparece a continuación.

http://survey.ccsurvey.com/leno0701a/surveysl.pl?LINKPROTECTION
Le adelantamos nuestro agradecimiento por su participación. Agradecemos enormemente su opinión y sus sugerencias. Sobre la solicitud de servicio: AR_Cxxxxxxxx
ID de empleado de la transacción: agentea01 Línea de productos: Notebook G550 (I told them G560...)
S/N: CBUxxxxxxx
Fecha de resolución de la transacción: 24/08/2010
Cordialmente, Bill DeLong VP_services@lenovo.com Vice President, Lenovo Services ** Aviso importante del realizador de la encuesta ** Por favor, NO reenvíe este mensaje de correo a otras personas. A usted se le ha asignado un URL exclusivo para participar en la encuesta. El sistema acepta sólo una respuesta por cada URL. Satmetrix Systems realiza esta encuesta en nombre de Lenovo. Satmetrix Systems no utiliza esta información para ningún otro fin. Si desea leer la declaración sobre privacidad de la información de Satmetrix, visite la siguiente página Web: http://www.satmetrix.com/company/privacy.htm. Puede ponerse en contacto con Satmetrix enviando un correo a la siguiente dirección: Satmetrix Systems, 2755 Campus Dr., Suite 300, San Mateo, CA 94403. Es posible que Lenovo utilice sus respuestas, junto con datos existentes sobre usted que la compañía posee, con el propósito de garantizar que los productos y servicios satisfagan sus necesidades. Lenovo tratará los datos recopilados en sus respuestas en conformidad con la política de privacidad vigente en Lenovo. Si desea leer esta política de privacidad, visite la siguiente página Web: http://www.lenovo.com/privacy/mx/es/. Los datos recopilados de sus respuestas se podrían transferir a las oficinas que Lenovo y/o Satmetrix tienen en distintas partes del mundo para procesarlos conforme a esta declaración. Si desea que en el futuro se le excluya de similares encuestas, RESPONDA a este mensaje de correo electrónico con la palabra REMOVE en el campo Asunto.
IPnaSh

Lenovo
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I'm really sorry IPnash. I have to check with the team again why never contact you, and now you have the feedback form. Usually this form to be filled after a case is closed. In the meatime, we're still dealing internally about the discrepancy in G560/Y560 IWS eligibility in AR. Sorry to have you waiting.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
IPnaSh

Cleo:

I think the problem is located in the IPS because it is used by a Lenovo Partner (like customer support or local service).

IPnaSh

Lenovo
Cleo_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Ok discrepancies have just been made clear. G560 and Y560 should have IWS covered in Argentina. The message has been successfully conveyed to all internal parties, and actions will be taken to make sure these 2 models will be able to get repair service. Service centre as well as call centre will be informed the same, including necessary info to be provided to them too to serve customer.

I have received attention from higher level to look into your cases. I believe things will be straighten out soon and processes will be improved.

IPnaSh, it is not about the IPS. It is about the process and source have never been made clear. But it should be ok now. Anyway, please allow some days for us to get these information passed on to customer service centres.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

IPnaSh

Cleo, that's great. Hope this end soon with one positive result for any user.

How many time you think this can take?

IPnaSh

Lenovo