Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
benjaminreardon

Integrated webcam not working

I tried looking through the forums as to the best place to post this but i gave up and opted for the general discussion. All of a sudden my webcam just stopped working. The problem was that it would freeze on a still image and even if i turned the program off it would remain with the same image.

If i restarted my computer than it would work for a minute and freeze again. I use cyberlink youcam which came with my computer. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it off of a lenovo driver website. Now the program tells me that i do not have a webcam installed and that if I need to make sure its turned on. Fn + esc shows the image of the camera turning on and off but it does nothing.

Apparently my files are all up to date. I am really at a loss here and i would love some help on the matter.

If this is the wrong section (which im sure it is) then being redirected to the proper forum would also be a great help.

JaneL

Re: Integrated webcam not working

Welcome to the forum! What type and model do you have? ThinkPad? IdeaPad? T420? Details, please, and we'll move your message to the right board.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
benjaminreardon

Re: Integrated webcam not working

Its a lenovo Win7 PC i guess. Where do you find out this information? My friend has told me that most likely the wires that connect my webcam to my laptop have broken as it is a common problem with laptops.