Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mckaori

International Warranty Questions

Hi

I'm a Brit based in Japan, who bought a Thinkpad tablet in HongKong. The IWS means I should be covered, but I had to wait over one week while the lenovo thinkpad support team in Japan decided if they would authorise pick up of my thinkpad. I was then told it would be back within one week, but having heard nothing I called them after ten days. They still can't give me a return date, because they are still waiting authorisation. That's now three weeks with no actual progress. Is this the normal service level for Lenovo's business machines?

Disappointed and hoping someone can tell me how to get better service

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: International Warranty Questions

Hello Mckaori and welcome to Lenovo community,

It is sad to know about you concern. Usually it should not take this much time.

Please provide the following details so I can  forward it to the concern team and try to get some detail on your case.

Please provide the detail in Private Message.

1. Laptop Serial Number and TYPE number

2. Registered User Name

3. Case id ( If any )

4. Your email id and contact number.

I will try my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Fanfold Paper
mckaori

How do I send a private message?
Update on case.
Today Lenovo Japan confirmed that my thinkpad is under warranty, and that it's fault should be a warranty repair. However, they can't repair it, or forward it for repair in another country. They will return it to me. Although they can't repair it, they have deleted all the data from it for me! (Thanks very much! An accepted consequence of it being repaired, but not when they take three weeks to not repair it.) They also confirmed that no one in Lenovo Japan speaks English, my phone calls were always in Japanese. Therefore, my request for them to explain in writing, why they couldn't repair it, and why it took them three weeks to decide this, can only be sent in Japanese.
tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Hello Mckaori,

I received your details and I will try to get some update on it.

It is sad to know the laptop is still down

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!