Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
yananjela

Lenovo Price Protection Concern. HELPPPPP!!!!!

I ordered a x220 a week ago and I received the machine two days ago. This morning I got an email saying that x220 has an ecoupon for 15% off. So I went to the barnes and noble exclusive lenovo website and I noticed that there is an x220 web special that is the same configuration as mine but at least $50 less.The only problem is that the web special has a bluetooth permanently configured in and mine does not, and I cannot take the bluetooth out of the web special.

I am aware that you can only do price adjustment if the quoted price is exactly the same as the original, but I don't think it makes sense if the one that has the better configuration that mine could be cheaper! This is my first lenovo laptop, and I chose the x220 over dell or hp because I believe that I am getting a better deal for my money (even though I went over my budget) and would be perfect for school. But looking at this is really upsetting me because I thought that I was getting the best deal and nothing could compare to it. So my question is, is there any way that the lenovo people would at least look at my case? I mean they're not losing anything here since what they offer has a bluetooth and mine doesn't have one. This is such a joke and am regretting this purchase now.... :smileysad:

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovo Price Protection Concern. HELPPPPP!!!!!

hey yananjela,

for this i do recommend talking to all sales representative via

1-866-96-THINK (1-866-968-4465)
Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EST)
Saturday - Sunday 9am - 8pm (EST)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
yananjela

WON'T HONOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT! VERY FRUSTRATED

I ordered an x220 through a representative on October 2, 2011 and was given a total price of 1000.01. However, a week later I found out the exact same machine dropped to about $30. I created a quote that totals 967.63. 

I called lenovo to do a price adjustment, but they would not do it because they do not reimburse the total amount, only the configured system. I am very frustrated because instead of my sales rep charging the MS office home and student in the system itself, she gave me the cheaper product key code in a seperate column, but still placing the MSOfficeHomeandStudent like it was purchased through customization. So the ordered x220 machine was not charged extra for the MS office, thus making it cheaper than the quoted price. 

The people I spoke to does not understand this and would not honor the quote. I did everything to get a quote that matches my ordered system, but they all seem to be higher than the original one since the original was not charged extra for the MS office while customization, but it is still there otherwise. It just does not make sense. 

I need help, i emailed 

atyourservice@thinkteamlenovo.com

but got no response. 

I am very frustrated and regret purchasing this x220! I would return it if it wasn't for the 15% restocking fee! Should have gotten a Macbook instead! 

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

Re: WON'T HONOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT! VERY FRUSTRATED

[ Edited ]

Hi yananjela,

Thanks for sharing with me. I hope i got your situation right.

You have to know whether your machine comes with MS office as preload or not. However, what i understand was that you purchased a machine which does not come preloaded with MS office. Therefore the sales rep added that item in the invoice as a separate item.

If you are unsure if your machine has MS office as preload, I can help you to check it out and if it's true, you can negotiate with sales rep.

Do yo mind to send me a Private Message along with the machine type model, serial number? I could check with my teammate what the machine has offered.

Thanks!

Regards,

Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Ctrl-Alt-Del
yananjela

[ Edited ]

iNCORRECT. Both the systems have MS office preloaded. I was given the price of the Product Key itself, instead of the price of the MS office when you customize it at the customization site (which I believe is more expensive). But in my order, it shows that I had purchased the MS office in my configuration, as well as a the MS office product key that I purchased seperately. That's the reason why my order is cheaper than the quote - It's because I wasn't charged MS office during the customization, and was only charged for the MS product key seperately. Do you understand? I am very confused myself. You could see for yourself.

System 1: order # 2HTLF8
System 2: quote #: T44133
Model: 4286

Serial #: xxxxxxx

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 271
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Yananjela,

Anyway, let me see could have someone to speak to you in details. I may not be an expert on this.

Please send me your details in private message:

• Full Name
  • Phone contact number
  • Email address
  • Machine type model (e.g. 4286-CTO) (You provided me only the first 4 digits. I need the total 7 digits. Is yours 4286-CTO?)

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество