Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Lenovo_Worst

Lenovo is the worst company I have dealt with in my whole life.

To all,

Please do not order anything from Lenovo for your own sake.

Last year's (2007) November, I ordered a Lenovo labtop (order# 2CEQ0E) for a long trip that I had to go to in mid-December. After I made the order, I called their company to check the expected shipping date. They said due to high amount of order request in the holiday season, they had to delay the shipment from the origionally expected early-December to late-December. I then asked to cancel the order. I talked to their Cancellation Dept., and they said for sure that they would cancel this order for me after I had emphasized a few times on the phone that I would be leaving the country (U.S.) soon and I would be very busy at the meantime before my trip.

The next day, I checked my bank account, and I saw the money was back to my account. Few days later, I saw Lenovo charged the same amount to my account again. I called Lenovo and they said they shipped the item the same day I called to cancel the order, and the item was delivered by UPS. I said I did not received the item, and I spent many hours explaning to them I already canceled it and had their Cancellation Dept. promised me to do so. At this point, I hope to point out that it is very frastrusting dealing with the Custom Support Dept. people in Lenovo. Their English is extremely poor, and they did not allow me to speak with their managers whatsoever and only kept repeating the few sentences they were taught in their trainning.

Eventually, I spent the rest of my time in the country dealing with Lenovo, and I eventually got a manager named Johnathan said he would investigate the case with UPS. He contacted me few days later and said someone named Sara (someone I do not know) signed and received the package according to UPS. I said I lived in a studio by myself and I do not know this Sara person. Also, if my building would have gotten the package, they would leave me a note and/or told me. He said he needed another 24-48 hours to investigate the case. By the time I left the country, he still hasn't contacted me back after 1 week; not even after I leave a voice message to his phone machine.

Just recently (early-Feb 2008), I contacted Lenovo again while I am still outside the country. First, they asked if I could give them my building office's phone number. I said I told them in the first place that I would be leaving the country soon many times. I said you guys been telling me that Lenovo and UPS been investigating the case, how come you have not even been to my building office? I also said it should be you guys who has to do the investiagation, and not asking the customer doing it for them! Then, I got to talk to another manager eventually again, and her name was Jennifer. She said UPS has rejected the claim, because they said the package was delivered to the correct address. I asked if they have delivered the package correctly, how could a person named Sara signed it. She was speechless most of the time, and she said there was nothing she could do. She said she will have to file a new case and have someone in upper management deal with this case. However, she refused to give me those "management team" people's contact number, and said they would call me later. I said I am not in the country, and then she said they cannot make international call! The conversation was ended with only more frastruation.

I hope to share this story to you all, so you do not have to make the same mistake that I did. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM LENOVO.

Sincerely,
Kinon Chen
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: Lenovo is the worst company I have dealt with in my whole life.

Mr. Chen,

I'm sorry to hear that this matter was not previously resolved to your satisfaction.

We will investigate and a representative will be in touch with you.

Thanks for sharing.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
Lenovo_Worst

Dear Mark,

I don't understand how you can still expect any customer to trust your company after all this.

In the past 2-4 months, I have spoken with 10-20 of your Customer Support representatives, and 2 of the managers. They all said Lenovo and UPS would investigate the case, and be in touch with me.

No one has ever done anything, except the one time your manager Johnathan called me and told me "Sara" took the package.

If Lenovo still plans to contact me, please send someone who can make real decision and make some real senses. I do not need any Levono low management person go through the same "I cannot make any decision. We will have to investigate and contact you later" conversation.

Otherwise, please don't waste more of my time.

Thank you for charging me US$1xxx for nothing,
Kinon Chen
JaneL

I'm sorry you're having a problem with your notebook, and I can understand that you're frustrated.  That does not, however, excuse rudeness to anyone on this forum particularly when they're trying to help you.

Please read the Community Participation Rules paying particular attention to the definition and prohibition of personal attacks and trolling, and adhere to them.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
Lenovo_Worst

Dear nonny,

I am sorry you feel the reply was rude. The reason you feel this way is merely because this is exactly how ridiculous the whole truth is about Lenovo. Please allow me to explain to you carefully with the facts that I will state in the most objective way:

If you find the 1st paragraph rude, that is because: after Lenovo charged someone's bank account behind his/her back when they promised they would cancel the order and later claimed that they have shipped an item that the person actually never have received, and still refuse to return the money to that person even after they found out the receiver was not that person from UPS, there should not be any reason anyone still trust Lenovo in any way.

If you find the 2nd paragraph rude, that is because: this is exactly how rediculously and purposely unhelpful the customer support dept. is in Lenovo. Other companies, such as Amazon and Dell, they manage their customer support dept. and train their employees such that they can most efficiently assist with customers' needs. On ther other hand, Lenovo uses a completely different strategy. Lenovo's customer support dept. representative uses very poor English and apply a meaningless and repeatable process to frustrate a customer until he/she give up the will. I will explain it in more detail in here:

Every time I call for the last 2-4 months to follow up my case, they reply me with "we will need to investigate the case" or "we will need more time to investigate the case", but I know that they never done a thing (when I know they have not even talked to your building office after 2-4 months). They also say to contact me later, but they almost never do so. If you ask them if there is anything else they can do, they will say no. If you ask to speak with their managers, they will say no. Eventually, one day they will give you false hope and let you speak with one of their managers, and the process will repeat. They always say they will investigate the case, there is nothing else they cay do, and only a upper management person can do something but they most likely reject you if you ask to talk to that person.

If you find the 3rd and 4th paragraphs rude, that is because: I cannot spend anymore time on this meaningless and endless process so that they can forever keep my money. It is their mistake in the first place, and it has been their mistakes the whole time. The only mistake I made was to order a item from Lenovo.

Lastly, I do not expect anyone here can help me. If Lenovo wanted to help me, they could have easily organize all the discussions we had and all the evidents already, and can conlude that I cancelled the item in the first place and I never receive any item. I am only posting my story here to benefit future potential customer(s) so they can avoid wasting his/her/their time and money dealing with Lenovo.

I hope this has solved your concern.

Sincerely,
Kinon Chen
Retired Moderator
carbon_unit

Just because you had a bad experience does not mean that everyone else will. Lenovo sells hundreds if not thousands of Thinkpads every week (or day) yet there are only a few complaints here a week. There are many more satisfied customers than unsatisfied ones and Mark is working to help those who need help.
If you came here for help it is available. If you came here to vent, that is understandable and you have done so. You are hereby relieved of duty. Sorry things didn't work out for you but the same thing can happen when dealing with Apple, Dell, HP/Compaq, etc. A large company doing a large volume of business will make some mistakes. You simply cannot make everyone happy when dealing with a large volume of customers.

Registered Linux User #160145

FYI: I am not employed by Lenovo
JaneL

Lenovo_Worst wrote:

The reason you feel this way is merely because this is exactly how ridiculous the whole truth is about Lenovo.

The reason I feel that way is that you are barking at Mark who is trying to help, and that, along with telling people not to buy Lenovo products, violates forum policy.  As the the moderator, that is the only thing I care about.

It's never a good idea to argue with the moderators of a forum.

Take some time to cool off, and come back next week in a more productive frame of mind.

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

GTS
Paper Tape
GTS

To all:

This is my first post to this forum as I just joined yesterday.

This thread strikes a nerve. I recently retired after many years as a corporate manager.

This persons post rings all too true and makes very worried about Lenovo's long term future.

Customer service is the key to success in this global economy and bad news travels very fast.

We bought some IBM/Lenovo notebooks at work in the past and did not have problems,
but that is a sample of one.

I very much hope that Lenovo will take this persons experience very seriously just as miners
do when a canary dies in the mine.

This sort of thing should never happen in a well managed company, problems sure, but
they would never be allowed to run on and on, festering and breeding ill will.

My Thinkpad is an older model bought from a local company.

I sure hope it will be possible to deal with Lenovo in the future without unreasonable problems.

Mike

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

GTS,

Lenovo_Worst's issue is in process of being resolved.

Ideally, the forum is a place for long term interaction with other users of Lenovo product.  A place of ongoing experience sharing and collaboration.  Some view it as a tactical message board to post up their troubled experiences along with please for help.

I hope that at the conclusion of matter, that he will return and provide a follow up post.  

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

the problem faced with a particular person can be deemed serious but mistakes may not be wantedly done i would like to mention that i am a proud and faithfull owner of a lenovo 3000 desktop using it comfortably for the past two years

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo