Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
alantamm
Accepted Solution

Lenovo official support email address, no such thing?

I would like to get official support for the in warranty Lenovo X61t laptop purchased with warranty extension (North America, China, whatever). The phone options is out of question.

1. Please tell me if it's in fact possible to drop a line to Lenovo support and get it answered by email/form or other text/instant message?

2. Please tell me if this forum site is just an additional option for acquiring support or the main support channel (trickier questions never get answers here you know)..

I also wanted to remind everyone that the current year is 2009!

-----
Design Matters (agreed)
JaneL

Re: Lenovo official support email address, no such thing?

alantamm wrote:

2. Please tell me if this forum site is just an additional option for acquiring support or the main support channel (trickier questions never get answers here you know)..

While there are a few Lenovo employees roaming around in here helping out on a volunteer basis, no, this is not an official support channel. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

The forum purpose is outlined in the first paragraph of the Community Rules of Participation.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

Go to the Lenovo support site, choose Contact Support (the last link). You can then select the first link; "Submit a technical question on line or open a service request".

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
alantamm

andyP wrote:
Go to the Lenovo support site,choose Contact Support (the last link). You can then select the firstlink; "Submit a technical question on line or open a service request".
And (then what)?
Submit a technical question online or open a service request 
following the link gets me to the page with this info: 

The Electronic Service Call tool (ESC+) is an online facility for submission of hardware maintenance and warranty requests. This new tool allows for the online management of all maintenance and warranty service requests.

You will receive a follow-up phone call from IBM to provide you with the assistance you need soon after submitting your request online.

The link below is only for hardware maintenance and warranty service request.

If your question involves:

• Drivers and downloads for your Lenovo product, please click here.
  • Feedback or reporting a problem with this web site, please clickhere.

Hmm, so I need to register, provide some insane amount of private data + to get to a 150 char max comment box? Nice, very professional :smileytongue:

Place a request: United States/CanadaComplete this form to place a hardware service request.        The fields indicated with an asterisk (*) are required to complete this transaction; other fields are optional. If you do not want to provide us with the required information, please use the Back button on your browser or close the window or browser session that is displaying this page, to return to the previous page.
 Comments/problem description: United States/Canada

- Enter the comments to provide a brief description of the problem. There is a maximum length of 150 characters.

It appears to me that if a client really wants to communicate through electronic channel, IBM/Lenovo (https://www-930.ibm.com/support/esc/placecall_upr.jsp)
lets me do my part and then calls me back anyway? Real smart/smooth :smileyhappy:

Oh well, let's see..
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

-----
Design Matters (agreed)
What's DOS?
laptopcustomer3

designmatters, you hit the nail on the head. there is no way to simply submit feedback to lenovo. they make you go through a cumbersome registration process to submit feedback? what kind of company is this? even IBM lets you submit feedback through their site without having an account.

i submit this here because there is no other place to submit it. and the ibm support (who i had to call to get support on my lenovo laptop because a different vendor of lenovo broke my computer) is rude. they are the kind of people who hang up on you when you ask them for their name.

i purchased onsite support when i purchased my x201. well, it stopped working and needed support (wouldn't power on). they sent a tech onsite who, after replacing my processor, and breaking the base of my computer in the process, realized that the two power chords i had purchased a few months ago both stopped working at the same time.

when calling ibm to figure out how to get my computer fixed, i spent hours on the phone, and still have no idea how to get my computer fixed. finally a supervisor called me, had me call him back at his extension, and when i did so, i was told they could not transfer me. even though i knew his extension, and had a case number, that was not enough. i needed to provide that person's name, but that person mumbled so much I didn't recall it.

so - where can i submit feedback to you without having to communicate with you through twitter or on this blog? 

Blue Screen Again
fausto1234

I know i am a bit late to this post but i too had some problems with my lenovo laptop and their customer service is inexistent.

Through my research i found out a couple of email addresses. I don't know whether they actualy work but its worth a shot.

Here is the link:  http://onyoursi.de/wiki/personal-computers/lenovo/