Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Frustrated-User
Accepted Solution

Lenovos Customer support has lied and misled me too many times. Who is going to sort it out?

A couple of weeks before my Thinkpad X61 Warranty expired last July I tried to purchase a warranty extension from the Lenovo UK Online store. I entered my serial/type numbers and was provided with a number of attractive warranty upgrade otpions. I added one to my basket and proceeded to attempt to buy it.

But!! The website was having problems and wouldn't sell me what I wanted! In fact it was unable to process any warranty upgrade purchases. I rang customer serviecs, who couldn't help me, provided me with the email address of the warranty support team, who couldnt help me, but provided me with the phone number of the company based in Ireland who host their online store, who couldn't help me despite admitting that it was their problem due to a fault with their website...

I tried to buy my warranty upgrade over the phone. But!!! They didn't have a clue, were not able to sell me what I wanted, and ended up giving me the number of a third party vendor to try and buy my upgrade.

I was told by the official lenovo store that they couldn't sell me a warranty and that I would have to use a third party!

At this stage alarm bells are ringing. Where is the legendary customer service?

All this time I am contacting Lenovo warranty support at [thinkpls_we@lenovo.com]

Here I am given numerous assurances that even if my warranty expires they will sort out the upgrade as it is their fault.

Here I will quote my unreliable customer service representative "Should your warranty expire we will extend it until we have the warranty upgrade issue clarified. And a substantial discount of any upgrade is a given at this point. I will do my best to resolve this by close of business today."

This was sent on the 22nd of July. I have since sent a number of replies/queries/complaints and none have been answered.

My warranty has not been extended. It is now expired. I have spent hours on the phone and sending emails, in a futile attempt to renew and continue my relationship with Lenovo as a consumer of their products.

Aside from giving me what they have already promised, How are they going to convince my rational mind, that there is any argument or reason for me to ever buy anything from Lenovo again?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Lenovos Customer support has lied and misled me too many times. Who is going to sort it out?

hey Frustrated-User,

apologies on what had happened. could you pm to me the following ::

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

( To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find )

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
Frustrated-User

Re: Lenovos Customer support has lied and misled me too many times. Who is going to sort it out?

Still nobody has taken serious steps to resolve this issue. I wonder how many months It will take?

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi Frustrated-User!

Just checking: Did you PM Serge1410 with your info?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Guru
dragnoak

Did you send a PM to Serge before he went on vacation?

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420
Blue Screen Again
Frustrated-User

Yes I sent all the information to Serge immediately after his response.

In reply I got a request for a screenshot of my shopping basket when I try to buy a warranty extension.

As my computer is now out of warranty because of Lenovos messing around [this has already been explained above], this basket naturally said that I was no longer entitled to buy a warranty upgrade.

Im sure all will agree that this could all be deduced very simply, by actually reading my posting, or using the Serial and Type numbers I provided to do a few seconds worth of independent research.

It does make me feel that these kind people that ask me to PM them, don't even take the time to read over the details of the case.

Where do I get the contact details for someone who can actually sort this out?

All the people I have previously dealt with who have taken on responsibility and promised to sort it out now cannot be contacted.

Maybe someone who is not going on holidays, or retiring, or being laid-off, or is incapable of telling the truth could try to sort this out?

Blue Screen Again
Frustrated-User

In addition I would like to note that another forum user who made a comment about Thinkpad support going to the dogs after IBM had his comment deleted. Maybe it was not particularly helpful, but I am starting to think there was some truth in it that the forum moderators just cant handle.
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi Frustrated-User!

Non of the moderators work for Lenovo (we're all volunteers), and if you look around you'll find plenty of truth around here. We do move aside posts which do not follow the Community Rules. One of the most common reasons is duplicate posts - when members cut and paste the same post in multiple places - it splinters the discussion and makes it hard to follow.

If you give me to the name and/or thread of the other forum user whose post was moved aside, I can research and tell you why.

There may be some delay in reply from Serge1410 because he is out until next week.

Keep posting!

Paper Tape
mansi5

How is someone who does *not* work for Lenovo going to resolve these issues? It's really ridiculous and pointless isn't it?
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi mansi5!

I don't think volunteering to moderate here is pointless! There's a lot that we do to keep this user-to-user community a helpful place. You can find plenty of examples of members helping each other, and of Lenovo helping in all kinds of situations. Us moderators answer a fair number of questions too :smileyhappy:!

So don't despair, keep asking your questions!