Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,252
Solutions: 1,342

Re: The trials and tribulations of EasyServ

@qiaowenqian, which machine do you have? and what problem are you having?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
qiaowenqian

Re: The trials and tribulations of EasyServ

@lead_org
pmed
SCSI Port
durian

Not so happy 3 month anniversary

[ Edited ]

The caseworker left a message on Monday May 16th asking if the laptop was repaired properly. I returned her call the next day and left a voicemail. Maybe she was busy the three buisness days but still I'm concerned. I was hoping for a return call last week but i'll be content for one this week. >_> I just hope it wont be another 17 days (10 buisness days)  for a return phonecall.

It's now the 3 month anniversary of when I first called Customer Support. Am I being too unreasonable? If you took your car into the mechanic and they failed to repair the problem 4 times in 3 months, wouldn't that upset you too? 

EDIT: Sound problem still remains. YouTube link below. 

Left Speaker   Right Speaker

SCSI Port
durian

Re: Not so happy 3 month anniversary

[ Edited ]

No callback yet. I gave her 7 business days to return my call. I called three times getting the voicemail each time. Left a voicemail again today... Calling Lenovo makes me sound like a jilted lover. Funny thing is I still love my ThinkPad. 

I think i'll start looking into the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Edit: Noticed today. The sticker on the bezel is slowly falling off. Left Middle Right

SCSI Port
durian

YEY

[ Edited ]

I got a return call!!! I'm so happy. Gonna treat myself to Pho and a cigar to celebrate. \o/ Everything is looking up.

Now lets see if I can get this sorted out before June 16th. When having a laptop is essential.

EDIT:

Doris offered me a replacement which I graciously accepted. Now it has to be approved. With my excellent luck Memorial day is here and everything slows down. I just hope it gets pushed through. 

SCSI Port
durian

Re: YEY

Hi name removed,

The estimated ship date is 6/4/2011.

Sincerely, name removed

/me crosses fingers

SCSI Port
durian

Got the replacement laptop yesterday. So far so good. The Screen is a 16:9 which will take some time to adjust to. Fortunately it's a LG not AUO.
Broadband 3G
JDay

durian wrote:
Got the replacement laptop yesterday. So far so good. The Screen is a 16:9 which will take some time to adjust to. Fortunately it's a LG not AUO.

What did they give you as a replacement?

SCSI Port
durian

They replaced my T410 with a T420. I think i'll be missing the 16:10 screen in the coming weeks. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
dxps26

Re: Ongoing problems with EasyServ Repair Depot and others

I feel this is the right thread to chime in and discuss my experience with EasyServ too.

I bought a Brand New T420 (4178-6VU) on the 14th of March, and I supplemented the 3-year warranty with a Thinkpad Protection Plan on the 31st of March, within the stipulated 90-day period.

Within 2 weeks of taking possession of the system, I began to notice quality problems throughout -

1. Warped Plastics above the Thinkvantage Button and Delete Key

2. loose, free moving and flexing palmrest above the HDD bay

3. at least 3mm of flex on the keyboard in the lower right corner

4. a buzzing right speaker - it would pick up digital interference from the motherboard and amplify the signal - and this is a machine that boasts a whole platoon of certifications. 

5. worst of all, a failing Trackpoint that would start jumping all over the screen on its own.

I shipped the system on the 6th of april, and had to talk to 5 different people to confirm that I was covered by TPP - this was the worst part- nowhere in lenovo's records did my $163.65 spent translate to a TPP for my system. Even after talking to people on two continents, I STILL HAVE NOT received an email from anybody confirming my Coverage, and I feel my money has been STOLEN by Lenovo. The Thinkvantage tool still shows my base 3-yr warranty, and no word of TPP.

So I recieved the system today, and this is what I found - 

1. Keyboard Replaced - the 3mm of flex is still there.

2. Speaker replaced - the speaker still picks up interference from the motherboard

3. LCD bezel Replaced - This wasnt even a problem area to begin with. Why this was replaced, i have no clue.

4. palmrest replaced - indeed - with a part that DOES NOT belong on the 4178-6VU - no Fingerprint Reader, and no Bluetooth!!!

After calling 1800-883-9902, the Rep asked me if i'd like to send the machine in again. I Do Not have the time and patience to deal with this level of incompetence.  I asked for a Total Refund, of both the Machine and the TPP I have purchased, and i was simply brushed off to take it up with sales. 

How can an organization that deals with business customers have such a 'that's not my department' attitude? My desk is littered with post-its to help me deal with the crisis of owning a Lenovo Product.

If a Mod or a Lenovo Rep is reading this, be aware - this is how you lose goodwill. the Thinkpad brand will lapse into irrelevance soon if this sort of thing goes on.