Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
peterkwok2

Onsite activation

Do i really need to wait a mouth to activate onsite ?

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

Re: Onsite activation

can you be more clear on what you are asking
did you buy an warranty upgrade & want to know when it will be active?
or did you call for warranty service & they said it would take a month?

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Paper Tape
peterkwok2

ok. my laptop recently not charging battery and i call the service center they says if i buy the upgrade warranty, i need to wait a mouth til january to activate my onsite. Since my computer cant log on to back up my stuff and idont want to lose everything from my computer. I decide to have onsite meeting.

First time , i call an agent and he helps me to upgrade me by paying 33$ and never tell me that i need to wait a mouth for activating my onsite things.

Second time, another agent say they receive wrong information and refund me 33$. then they give me an offer , tell me that i need to pay 100$ to upgrade my warranty and i dont know more detail about the warranty because they dont have the same warranty ungrade things upload to the website. And he tell me i need to wait a mouth to activate my onsite.

Right now, i totally screwed and i dont know what to do. At first, i just want to fix my laptop as fast as possible. I say i dont want to send to the depot because i cant even log on my laptop and do back up. Thats really ridiculous.

Did anyone can help me and tell me what to do please , Thank You:smileysad:

Paper Tape
peterkwok2

The other things are they dont have some places for customer carrying in and repair. I really disappointed about that. The only choice for me right now is to send to depot service center. That doesnt help me at all

GMAC-R60
Kudos: 161
Solutions: 96

[ Edited ]

yes it takes 3-4 weeks for warranty upgrade to show up on the site, but I think if you call and give all your info on the upgrade & your dead pc they might beable to send someone out to fix your pc. if not depot service is fairly fast I've always gotten my pc in/out in a few days

P.S the warranty upgrade is activated retroactively to the day you bought your pc it just takes time to put iton the lenovo servers

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC