Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
pbateman

Re: Order related customer service concerns

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

Im writing in the hopes someone can guide me to the proper person to reach out to since I've had nothing but headaches when it comes to Lenovo customer support. I initially placed an order on 10/30 for a t400s(order 2e0ft1) . When I received this laptop it was defective form factory, the speakers did not work. I called Lenovo and was told the only thing they could do for me was to send it to be repaired. I argued that there was no way i wanted to turn my laptop into a 'refurbished' laptop a day after getting it and I requested a replacement. After a lof of hassling i was eventually granted the RMA.

A second order was placed by them for a replacement laptop (order 2E1c1N) (exact same specs as the original). Soon after placing this order the price on the laptop went down. I inquired about getting a price match trough the Price Protection program (since I had not even received my order yet). I went trough at least 4 people in Customer support over the course of 2 days but bottom line they refused to do this. They claimed that they could not do this since the orders were not the same specs. I argued that how can the orders not be the same if this is a replacement order for a damaged laptop that they themselves had placed.

Bottom line they gave me a really lame excuse that the new order included a recovery CD and the initial order did not. I told them that I never requested a recovery CD and if someone put it there it was the rep who created the order not me. I even offered to send them a copy of my order confirmation email which has no CD listed, but they did not want to hear it. Bottom like it seems they just did not want to give me the difference refund.

I called a different number (sales) to see if I had any luck and spoke to the agent who placed the order, she was not in so I was asked to email her. They  did say they did not see any issues with the orders and don't know why they would refuse the match. I emailed her and she replied that she would submit the price match and I should have the refund within 2 weeks. This was end of November.

Fast forward to today I emailed my service rep since I have not yet received the price match refund, she asked me to call Customer service for a status (the same people who denied my refund earlier). I called them and of course, they tell me this did not go trough because the orders were not alike.!!! I told them to please contact the service rep who placed my order to straighten things out since I had nothing to do with the placing of the order and she had seen no issues and even submitted the Price Match (why would she submit the price match if the orders were not the same). They asked me to forward them the email. I have forwarded them the email 5 times they claim they""haven't gotten it"...Sure.

Needless to say I am extremely annoyed at this experience. To be honest I don't even expect the refund anymore, they can keep their 200 bucks, but it really bothers me that they would treat customers this way .

I have had Thinkpads since the T30 came out and I've always recommended them at work being part of IT when it comes to decision making between Dell or Lenovo/IBM.  Its a  sad thing that this experience has completely changed my view when it comes to customer support and even build quality.And of course recommending these when purchasing time comes around.

If someone could help me with a number I could reach out to for this I'd be very appreciative. Again its not about the money anymore, its about the fact that I feel Lenovo tries real hard to promote their product but with this kind of customer service I believe it is only hurting them.  I have my order numbers and rep names but of course don't want to paste names here in a public forum. Mark and the the other admins, this is not directed to you, I know you guys are trying really hard and I appreciate it, but if you could lead me towards someone I could talk to, I'd be delighted.

Thanks!

LB

Fanfold Paper
ILikeLenovoDeal

I just realized my topic has been renamed/moved, no wonder I do not find it.

Contrary to what was stated would happen, until now, no Lenovo sales representative has contacted me.

I received a message though that if I refuse the UPS shipment, it would be an unauthorized RMA?!

In fact I was not home when UPS came. I am hesitant to pick up an item that is possibly not as advertised (1080p) and did not have the discount.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Pbateman,

Please don't feel like you should throw in the towel...will try to arrange some help for you

Ilikelenovodeal,

Let me follow up on your situation - we continue to receive record volumes of calls, and a number of reps are out for the holidays, so we've not been able to contact everyone as quickly as I would hope.

Thanks for the prompt, and the PMs.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
cheri

hi, i'm a customer from HAWAII, US.

i bought X200T from lenovo.com on November 6. 2009, when i purchased i know that the leptop should have Bluetooth and wireless adapter,

but after i received, i opened and i found that these adapters are not installed! also battery doesn't work.

i called them up right away, they have to confirm then decide what to do.

okay, it takes 3 weeks to do this. i was so mad, i asked them what about i just return it since i just bought. they said cannot, if repair center can fix the problems, and still need to return then i have to pay 15% stock fee. otherwise i can have fully refund. 

so the only thing i can do is send it to repair center.

they received it and called me said there is no more wireless adapter, i asked them what i gonna do, they said call me backed.

i have been waiting 2 weeks!

i couldn't wait any more. today i called them, i asked them how they can do. and they said the part of keyboard is missing! if repair i have to pay $960 dollars ! what ?! what are they talking about? they totally ignore the wireless and Bluetooth adapters!!!   thay just like killing me! 

you know $1500 is big money for me, i just student, i just want the nice leptop for my school.

please let me know what i can do . i just want a replacement now, no need refund.

Punch Card
kbp123

what does this mean:

THE RECEIVER REQUESTS UPS TO HOLD THIS SHPT AND CONTACT THEM FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION BEFORE CUSTOMS CLEARANCE / BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE

Paper Tape
1gr8lady

I ordered a laptop on this sight, on CyberMonday, which was Nov. 30, 2009.  I've been watching the shipping date, as it is a Christmas present, and this sight said it would ship on December 21st.  I thought it would be cutting it close, but now I checked my order status, and it won't be shipped until JANUARY 29, 2010.  Where the h*** does Lenovo have to go to pick it up???  This is absurd! Two frickin' months for something that was advertised?  I called customer support a couple of weeks ago, and I'm not going to do that again.  The guy could barely speak any English, and he put me on hold, 3 different times, 5 minutes each time, because he didn't have answers for  me.  Long hold time just like everyone else, the whole thing took over 2 hours. 

I ordered exactly what was advertised, no extra anything.

Has anyone else had this problem???  Did I get ripped off?  Should I call my credit card company before it is too late???  I don't want to cancel, because I'd end up paying more for a comparable one, because I got it on sale.

Helppppp!!!!!!

Order #: 2E398W

Connie

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

cheri,
I'm really sorry to hear about your story. As I've replied to your private message before reading this thread, so do you mind to check it out? Thanks!

kbp123,
Please forgive me that i am not able to answer you about the UPS information. I'll check if anyone knows about it.

1gr8lady,
I understand that your order has not yet shipped and I'm sorry for that. For your information, the estimated shipping date is actually auto generated. An order can ship much earlier than expected unless there was a part constraint.

Anyway, I got your order and i'll see what can be done to get the update or something.

Thanks!

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
1gr8lady

Thanks Cleo, I hope you can find out something, soon.

Connie

Cleo_Lenovo

WorstService wrote:

Important: When I tried to check the status of my order, for the last couple of days I am geting the below message,

"Invalid Customer Number and/or Order Number.
Please verify that your customer number and order number have been entered correctly.
"

The order number is: 2E3KJL

Below is the reply I got from the sales rep 16Dec2009,

Your order has not yet been printed to the warehouse to be put together. Please verify the correct configuration you requested, and I will make the changes and have it printed to the warehouse to be put together. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I had emailed the sales rep the correct configuration. I know she's trying to help me but the process is very slow. If you want I would email you the sales rep details who's looking into this issue.

I got a bit confused as I found that your order has been cancelled on 12/17. Is this true?

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Cleo_Lenovo

hawaiifit,

Sorry for all the troubles. Do you mind to send me a private mesage with your name and order number? I would like to see what can be done to get update or to expedite the shipping. Thanks!

gohktm,
Do you mind to to send me some details and i'll see if can get somebody to give you a hand.

• Full Name
  • Email
  • Phone Contact Number

Best wishes,

Cleo

WW Social Media