JaneL

Re: Order related customer service concerns

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

dmaday, Oh dear your case should be attended at once. I am really sympathetic to the troubles you faced and i hope you could give me a chance to straighten out the mistake.

Do you mind to send a private message to me for escalation purpose?

• Full Name
  • Contact Phone Number
  • Email address
  • Machine Type (e.g. 7660-34A)
  • Machine Serial Number
  • Order Number

Many thanks!

thehydn, I'm sorry for your order delay but perhaps you should try to call to cancel if it does not ship yet.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
macrossfx

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

So here's a timeline of what has happened over the past week:

Feb 2, 2010 - Ordered a laptop on Lenovo
Feb 4, 2010 - Called to cancel, CSR said I would get an email in 24-48 hours (I did not)
Feb 8 ,2010 (Today) - I get an email saying my order shipped

I have called a CSR and they issued an RMA and said that there would be no restocking fee applied to the return.  This kind of conflicts with the return policy but I'm hoping it is the case.  I expected the cancellation to go through the first time but instead the laptop got shipped.

In a case like this, I just want to be sure the restocking fee will not be applicable if anyone could provide some information on situations like this.

Thank you.

What's DOS?
enmaxinc

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to make a purchase at the Lenovo US website and I keep getting this error message

(The bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided. Please verify the information provided was accurate, contact your bank or enter another form of payment)

I've verified with my bank that the card is in order and there is sufficent credit to make the purchase. (I previously used the same card to make successful purchases a few months back) I even tried using another credit card but was still unsuccessful. I tried using different shipping addresses, tried using different computers, different accounts, no luck. Whats the problem here?

I've called, emailed lenovo, but still no word or help.

Punch Card
CaptainObvious

[ Edited ]

when did the error message appear? is it right after you checked out?

Are you sure you're using the shipping address as the one in filed in credit card? 

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

[ Edited ]

macrossfx,

I'll grossly oversimplify the return policy and 15% restocking fee as - if it's Lenovo's fault, the fee is waived, else the customer is responsible for it.    In this case, if you call to cancel BEFORE the product ships, the rep doccumenes your cancellation request in your order, then even if it ships the next day, you won't have to pay the restocking fees.  (it would be Lenovo's fault).   If you call after it ships, it isn't Lenovo's fault.  Typically it takes 1-2 days for a cancellation request to go through.   Hope that helps!

thehydn,

Hopefully my answer to macrossfx addressed your questions regarding cancellation.   I don't know what your present estimated ship date is, and it takes a day to research an individual order through our supply chain and provide a more firm date based on any particular component constraints, and then to offer guidance based on that date and the current date as to whether there was time to cancel.  Again, you can cancel anytime up to the point it ships, but if it's within a couple of days we may not be able to actually stop the shipment.

Related to your comments which were moved to housekeeping.  While these are good general order questions, it may be  helpful for members to inquire based on what model or series of system they have ordered, and pose those questions to the appropriate shipping thread floated to the top of that product board - for example, T series ThinkPads or Y series IdeaPads, etc.    Including as much information as you can will improve the ability of the community to respond in a helpful manner.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
DanForst

My name is Daniel Forst and I recently placed an order for a laptop .

When I placed the order on the phone I told the representative that I was going to need the computer within two weeks since I use my computer for both work and school; and my current computer (an H.P.) just died on me.  They told me that the new one I am ordering would ship on by 2/12/10, which would be a little close but I was willing to deal with this date since I have heard good things about the system I was ordering.  When I went to check to see if it shipped on 2/11/10 I found out that not only did it not ship but now it was scheduled to ship by 2/24/10, a very big difference in time.  I attempted to contact the representative to find out that the email address given to me was invalid and when calling up I was transferred to many people who all gave me different stories but they all had the same answer / advice.  The answer was that no one knew why it got delayed (possibly due to a Chinese holiday next week, possibly due to a unexpected delay, etc); the advice was universal however and that was to inform me that since they do not know when it is shipping I can simply cancel the order and buy the computer elsewhere

I had wanted this system but if this is how your company handles its clients, clearly not caring if they buy the product or not, perhaps I should cancel the order and go back to HP.  If I do not receive a response in the next day or two I will assume that you do not need new clients and I will follow their advice and go elsewhere. 

If you are interested in helping me please contact me.

Thank you,

Daniel Forst

JaneL

DanForst wrote: If I do not receive a response in the next day or two I will assume that you do not need new clients and I will follow their advice and go elsewhere. 

If you are interested in helping me please contact me.

Since you posted this on a Friday night at nearly 8:00PM, it's almost a certainty that you've laid out a scenario that, even if this was a staffed support channel which it's not, would ensure Lenovo fails.  Was that your goal?

I removed your similar duplicate message from public view.

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

xlv
Paper Tape
xlv

[ Edited ]
Dear Mr.. Or Miss representative,

I ordered a THINKPAD DELUXE EXPANDER CASE on Feb.. 1st, 2010, which was supposed to be shipped in 10 business days.

However, when I checked the ship statues on line today, it says that the estimated ship date has been changed to Feb. 17th, 2010!!!!!!

Moreover, actually the estimated ship date has been changed not only once, but THREE times!!!

When I ordered that case on Feb. 1st, the online statues showed that the item would be shipped on Feb. 4th; then, when I checked the statues on Feb. 5th, it said that the item has been rescheduled to be shipped on Feb. 9th; on Feb. 10th, it was changed to Feb. 12th; and now it is changed again, which is Feb. 17th.!!!!!!

NOBODY send me email to apologize or explain what is going on there.

What I want is just asking you to ship my case as soon as possible, which I think is a just claim.

Since your company broke your word, I think you should also do something to compensate me. I mean if I have bought that case on AMAZON, it could have already been delivered.

My order number is 2F0R3M.

Looking forward to your explain. Hopefully you will not just ignore me.

Best,

Xiang Lu

Mod edit: reduced font size
xlv
Paper Tape
xlv

I do not want to pretend being any kind of victim or fabricating any lies, I am just tell the truth.

Actually I have bought a lot of stuff from LENOVO, and all of these shipments were very slow.

Since those things were shipped from HONGKONG, and were custom, I think those delays were excusble.

However, it shows that this case will be shipped by UPS Ground, which means it will be shipped from USA.

I just do not understand that why they delayed the shipment again and again.

I have contacted the customer service guys for several times, but they just told me that they could do nothing.

Now it turns out that people really should do something to ask LENOVO to do their jobs more effectively.

And thank god, I did not choose the option of fast shippment, which is just a waste of money.

Thank you very much for everybody's attention!