Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
smchadwell

Re: Order related customer service concerns

Found my way here through a google search for "ccorders@lenovo.com," whose e-mail to me regarding a (nonexistent) discrepancy between my billing and shipping addresses was so poorly punctuated and spelled that I assumed at first it was fraudulent.

However, given that my order status appears to have frozen (placed on 10/14), I called my bank, who assured me the charge has cleared and who double-checked the address information for me. I've provided my bank's phone number to ccorders@lenovo.com.

I have not heard anything. Now, having read through this thread, I'm wondering if I should give up while I still have time to order a system from someone else (I have a sort of small window to be at home to receive shipment).

Any advice?

Blue Screen Again
CancelMyOrder

[ Edited ]

Just saw this, but saw there's already a customer service related thread...

I had the most bizarre experience today that I've ever had in 15 years of ordering products online.  I ordered a ThinkPad from Lenovo Outlet, all good and well.  This was an in-stock item that was brand new and did not need to be tested or configured or opened in any way.  A simple process of taking a box from a warehouse and shipping it to my address.

So I check in a few hours later for my order status and the estimated ship date is... November 9, 2010.  I need this laptop like yesterday and so obviously this is unacceptable.  I take time out of my day to call and cancel the order, and the Lenovo rep on the phone claims that Lenovo does not know how to cancel orders from the Outlet site... only from the main site.  I simply don't believe this claim and ask to speak to a superviser.  Amazingly, the same thing is repeated.  Lenovo does not have the ability to cancel orders from their own Outlet site!

I'm told that if I want to cancel my order, I can wait until the order is processed at some unknown time in the future, and then wait for it to be shipped, and then wait for it to arrive.  Then after it arrives, I can return it immediately instead of cancelling.  Of course, this process is expected to take 45 days in all, and I'd have to pay for shipping.  Oh, and a 15% restocking fee.

So I tell the reps that I will simply initiate a chargeback to my Visa card instead of being told I can't cancel and then having to pay $100 for no good reason.  It was like I was speaking a different language... they claimed it's impossible to do so.  Having run an Internet store myself in the past, I know that not only is this not impossible, but that there is nothing Lenovo can do to stop me from doing so and no way to win any dispute when the customer has already tried to cancel the order with the original company.  Not only this, but if Lenovo Outlet gets enough chargebacks, Visa and MasterCard may decline to allow them to accept their cards in time.

While I await my credit card to finally be confirmed and charged at some point in the future, so that I can immediately charge it right back, can someone tell me if there's any way to cancel a Lenovo Outlet order the more traditional, non-chargeback way?  It seems like a bit of a headache for me, and especially for Lenovo, to have to go through when all Lenovo has to do is cancel my order like any other online business would do with no questions asked.

I'll also add that either way, the BBB will hear about this.  The ThinkPad is supposed to be all about business... and the Lenovo Outlet is soiling the ThinkPad name with unethical business practices.

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

Paper Tape
Sid_99

Hi, I too just sent a wire transfer to Lenovo to buy an X201 to be shipped to my US address, since they refuse to accept my International credit card, I am still waiting for the order number from Lenovo, hope everythings turns out ok?

Paper Tape
tinkerpad

I placed an order in leonovo outlet. I never got an email confirmation. I'm not able to login to my account as it says my user name (email ID) is not regstered. It is really scary. Can someone please help?

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi tinkerpad, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

I hate it when that happens! I just logged in to my outlet account OK. Double check your email address and password. If you can't get in, contact them to get the status of your order. 

Come back and tell us how it goes.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
tinkerpad

Thanks bananaman.

I talked to the customer rep at Lenovo and realized that I had entered a wrong email address. It was all my mistake. The customer rep was super nice and very helpful. He informed that the laptop has already been shipped and provided me the tracking number. Sweeeeet!!!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 136

smchadwell,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I"m sorry that the order status never changes since 10/14. Not sure what is going on. Did you make the purchase via Lenovo Outlet or Lenovo online shopping site? Let me see if i can find out something. Do you mind to send me a PM (private message) with your order number and full name as well?

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
Zorx

[ Edited ]

Short and bitter.

Attempted to buy my T510 using my AMEX, but they had trouble verifying it, so I ended up going through a lot of trouble to transfer money to my American Visa card (I'm from Australia, living in America).

Called up Lenovo multiple times before finally getting THATcard verified, I finally recieve my laptop.. only to find that the AMEX has been billed!!!  I can't afford to pay it off now because I moved my money!

I love the laptop but the entire order process was the worst I have ever experienced, and I mean that quite literally.

it is almost tempting to return and get the other brand that I was debating over.  I know that sounds petty but I'm pretty annoyed.

sorry to sound angry. but this has caused me quite a problem.

Punch Card
vanessa

Hi Zorx,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you had with our credit card process, and from the sounds of it, the order process as a whole.

I would like to investigate what happened, could you please send me a private message with your order number?

I'm glad you are loving your laptop!

Best regards,

Vanessa

Paper Tape
Jennifer

[ Edited ]

I've bought IBM/Lenovo for years, 5 laptops, and I've just had an experience that will cause me to never buy from them again.

I purchased a laptop with the Black Friday deal, then the link to the order status sent me to a site that was flagged as un-secure, likely a phishing site.  I got worried and called, and they said they couldn't see the order, but it wouldn't show up till next week, to check back after Dec. 2nd.  I didn't have a very good feeling about this, and I talked to a friend who warned me about the laptop I ordered.  I have a Y550P that has several annoying issues and was getting the Y560D with an ATI card that he said had known issues, and I've since seen complaints about problems with the graphics.  Since the primary reason I was upgrading was to fix a graphics issue with the Y550P, I decided to cancel.  The store was closed by then, but I called back yesterday morning as soon as the store opened to cancel the order.  I couldn't get through but I got an online chat person who said he'd email to cancel the order but he couldn't guarantee it would be cancelled.  I'd find out in 72 hours!!!

At this time, my payment was pending so it had NOT shipped.   I called and spoke to a woman and she said not to worry, she sent a notice to the warehouse to cancel it.  I asked her again if she as sure and she said yes, don't worry.  It is cancelled. 

Now this morning, I get a notice that it's been shipped.  How it can go from not even showing up in the system and won't be processed till the 2nd to shipped is unbelievable.  I've never gotten a laptop shipped this quickly when I ordered.  I'd swear they got my cancellation request and intentionally shipped it out early.   

I used to recommend Lenovo, but never ever again.  I just can't believe this.  Sounds like I'll have to go to the BBB to even try to get help.  What an unbelievable order process.  They can't communicate internally...

Edit/Update:  I managed to get through again and have been told that as long as I don't open the box, I can call to get a full return including shipping.   If I can do this, I will be satisfied enough that I will consider them again.