Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Technology Partner
crisdean

Photoshop CS6 beta

Hi,

some of you will know that I'm still working on my good old T60 laptop equipped with 3GB Ram and XP natively and some other OS in my virtual machines.

Today I decided to try CS6 beta and was blown away. The looks are great and the performance with dedicated 963MB of RAM was outstanding! Tried a few filters and they were processed rather quickly as well. If the final product appears to be that speedy I might actually go for a X230 or a T430.

Would be the ultimate machine to drive CS6. Awesome program. Has anyone tried CS6 as well?

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Photoshop CS6 beta

As I understand you are not able to use Photoshop CS6 beta software properly on Windows Xp.

Below mentioned is the message from Adobe

Our current recommendation for the best Photoshop experience is to use 64-bit hardware and Operating Systems, specifically Mac OS X 10.6.x (Snow Leopard) or 10.7.x (Lion) for Macintosh and Windows 7 64-bit for Windows PCs.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

community supermod
erik

[ Edited ]

cris - that's awesome that it works great on older hardware!   PS CS6 beta has been outstanding on my systems and i look forward to the upgrade.   while the new tools in photoshop will make a marked improvement in my workflow, i'm really begging for a 64-bit version of illustrator and indesign so i don't keep running out of memory.   each of those are limited to 2GB and that runs out rather quickly when working with 1GB files.   adobe must not think anyone creates massive vector files. :smileyvery-happy:

tanuj - that's only a recommendation.   it will work on XP but be limited to using only 2GBs of memory under 32-bit OSes.   that's only a problem for those working with large files.   for the average photoshop user it's a non-issue.   pros are already using 64-bit OSes and tons of memory.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Lenovo Technology Partner
crisdean

Hi,

yes it was only my report! Running Lightroom 3.6 and PhotoShop CS6 and I run out of memory before I can finish this sentence. Still CS6 feels snappier and yes a 64Bit version would be fantastic. Especially if you use a machine with 16GB+