Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
recreaghmd

Pleasant experiences should also be reported

Since I joined approximately 41/2 years ago, I have read many complains and some horror stories about hardware repairs and software desperation (including few mine).

But I suppose most experiences fall in the "silent minority" which never gets reported, but should, for fairness sake.

This laptop, detail down bellow, is close to the 5 years old, original battery, 3 OS, with flawless use until 2 weeks ago. Then, suddenly, running W-7-64, and after few assorted video troubles, failure to boot any OS properly, BIOS still accessible, for some 10 minutes, the screen became black and the computer unresponsive.

I still have warranty until December 2011, so I made a pleasant phone call to IBM/Lenovo. After identification as expected and explanation of the problem, a shipping box was send. FOUR days after sending the box and to my surprise, the computer was back with a new mother board and working perfectly with any OS. Even my fingerprint worked.

THIS IS SOMETHING IBM/LENOVO ABSOLUTELY SHOULD BRAG ABOUT. Just GREAT!

Cheers:smileyvery-happy

Rolando E Creagh, MD FACS:

Rolando E Creagh, MD. FACS. USA. T61p, 6460 8WU, Dual Core Centrino 2.4 GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel TurboMem 4GB (working). Drive 0: 1.0TB 7.4K rpm AF w/ Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64b (2nd clean install). Drive 1: 0.5TB 10K rpm w/ Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64b (cloned). Drive 2:1TB 7.4K rpm AF w/Windows 7 SP1 64b (1rst clean install). Drive 3:250GB, Vista-B-SP2 clean install, Drive 4:100GB, XP-SP3, factory install. Drive 5:1.5TB, 5K rpm, AF, DATA.
Guru
PeterTWJ

Re: Pleasant experiences should also be reported

Hi recreaghmd

Yes, I agree with you. Usually the post of complains (negative) is much higher than the praises / improvement (positive). I have both sides too, more on the praises / improvement now. :smileywink:

I guess most staffs from IBM / Lenovo are humble about their great services. It's good to stay humble to maintain great, consistent services. I believe some of them even feel that satisfying customers is part of their job. That's why, usually happy customers are loyal.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 264
Solutions: 136

[ Edited ]

Hi recreaghmd,

Grateful for your sharing! It's not easy to see this type of post.

Normal consumers tend to stay silent and be happy with the products they have if a service/product is as expected. I used to be like that too but I've changed after joining Lenovo. I thought good stories should be shared too!

When we are poorly treated, we wish the whole world knows about it. Spread the news. I think it is common, but it could be misleading in the eyes of readers. Nonetheless, what you did earn my kudos!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Cleo

Thanks PeterTWJ, you story was shared within our team too ! :smileyhappy:

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi Cleo

I fully agree with you. :smileyvery-happy: 

It's a great opportunity for us to learn anything (technical, non-technical, others) here, which I am not able to find any opportunity to learn elsewhere (outside, other forums, facebook, etc.)

Thanks for your great sharing here in the forum and your sharing about my story to your team. :smileyvery-happy:

Cheers! :smileyvery-happy:

Peter

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Refunded Set: W510, 4876-A11

Current Set: W520, 4284-A99

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155...