Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jellybaby
Accepted Solution

Poor customer service (new customer)

It's only little things but they are fast adding up. The latest one is that I didn't notice there was a UK cord when I purchsed the t530 i7 and accidentally selected the EU cord instead.

When I sent an email to Lenovo, the first response 14 hours later was just asking for my serial number. Bearing in mind I had just ordered the computer, it was no doubt an agent who couldn't be bothered to look up the number. I wasn't at work so didn't have the computer with me at the time and so asked them to look up the number. They did and have now said I have to return the whole computer in order to receive a UK cord as they don't have spare power supplies. **bleep**? The cost of doing that in exchange for just one cord is ridiculous. I have quite a few gadgets and if there have been any issues with cords etc, companies have always been willing to swap them over by sending out the correct one and be sending back the wrong one.

I know this error was my fault but I've never had worse customer service - all for the sake of a stupid plug. I must admit right now I am considering returning the whole computer. Just because if Lenovo are going to be pathetic over something like this, it doesn't bode well if something badly goes wrong with the computer. It's pretty obvious they don't give a toss.

Token Ring
del_psi

Re: Poor customer service (new customer)

jellybaby wrote:

It's only little things but they are fast adding up. The latest one is that I didn't notice there was a UK cord when I purchsed the t530 i7 and accidentally selected the EU cord instead.

When I sent an email to Lenovo, the first response 14 hours later was just asking for my serial number. Bearing in mind I had just ordered the computer, it was no doubt an agent who couldn't be bothered to look up the number. I wasn't at work so didn't have the computer with me at the time and so asked them to look up the number. They did and have now said I have to return the whole computer in order to receive a UK cord as they don't have spare power supplies. **bleep**? The cost of doing that in exchange for just one cord is ridiculous. I have quite a few gadgets and if there have been any issues with cords etc, companies have always been willing to swap them over by sending out the correct one and be sending back the wrong one.

I know this error was my fault but I've never had worse customer service - all for the sake of a stupid plug. I must admit right now I am considering returning the whole computer. Just because if Lenovo are going to be pathetic over something like this, it doesn't bode well if something badly goes wrong with the computer. It's pretty obvious they don't give a toss.

Just return the whole computer and buy another computer from another brand.

Paper Tape
jellybaby

That's the plan at the moment. Just looking for a laptop with similar specs and a decent matte screen
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

jellybaby, welcome to the forum,

as you had just received the system it may be that the Digital River, who are reponsible for sales, hadn't updated the data bases so unless you registered your system online or by having made a support call and given the information to the agent, they can't unfortunately know it. They can see from a serial number what was in the box.

The EU AC adapters are all the same so all you actually need is a power cable which is probably easily obtained in the next electrical store.  I actually have a UK one lying on the desk next to me, if you pay the postage I'll send it to you for free.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
jellybaby

[ Edited ]

Andy - cheers. I'm just going to send the computer back and be done with it. I'm off to hospital this week anyhow so just hope I can sort out the return before then. Thanks again for the offer though.

K-
What's DOS?
K-

Lenovo horrible customer service.   guys welcome to my world here in texas,  what started out as my sons go to university computer,  is now  an ongoing concern for me that LENOVO can stall unitl i go away and never fix what is essentially a non working unit less than 8 months old.  its  been to the facotory and came back same situation.

multiple calls to support,  got it  escalted and still wating  for my call back.   every time i call its the same thing.  Crystal will call you back and NOTHING.............  what a huge dissapointment!   my file is 8000-514-897 if anybody actaully reads this that works in customer service

its a y480 thinkpad w an extended warranty.....what a waste. 

K-
What's DOS?
K-

what a surpirse no one read what the cusotmer  is suffering thru at LENOVO......DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP

What's DOS?
npirn

Lenovo truly has the worst customer service I have ever seen.  They sent me a faulty machine so I sent it in to get fixed.  They sent it back without fixing the problem.  Then I called in and they told me to take my machine to the UPS store and send it through their corporate account.  I arrive at the UPS store only to find out that I cannot do that, and lenovo doesn't have a corporate account to use.  So I call the department again and they tell me that they can email me a packing slip.  Well of course the slip never comes and no one in the customer service department has any idea what is going on....  My company will never buy lenovo again, and I strongly discourage anyone from purchasing any of their computers.

What's DOS?
janeandtarzan

I too have had the worst experience with this company. They installed the god awful WIN 8 on a laptop (I did not request this) and when the machine crapped out two weeks after the garbage they loaded on to the computer started failing, two days worth of calls to the customer service center/tech/sales people resulted in the WORST and most idiotic "help" ever.

First, I requested 5 times (each time I called) to be connected to the ATLANTA tech service center NOT the one in India or the Philippines. I got a man who spoke unintelligibly for the fifth time, as my request, which is my right, was ignored.

I asked for the ATLANTA center again. He cursed at me and told me I could get him and I should be grateful for his help. Trying to work with the limited idiot as best I could, I asked politely how to get the computer to work, suggesting a process through BIOS and other access points I am familiar with due to being  a routine computer user.

He was hateful, rude, and told me I was too stupid to understand how to fix it. The truth is that he had no idea what I was talking about. He would not know a command prompt from his butthole.

Then he told me to PURCHASE AGAIN the WIN 8 disc (which I already was charged for without requesting this garbage) and he could send it to me. My laptop has no CD drive, so then, when I mentioned a workaround to a USB, he insulted me again telling me that if I was too dumb to use WIN 8 I would be hardly able to save the disc to an USB. I thought....mmmmmm. Maybe he is right. I only have 2 PhDs in science, and my Mensa membership is only 30 years old. So yes. He is right. I am stupid. Completely.

Then, the truth came out: what he really thought, that is.

He criticized that I was FEMALE.

This had happened twice before at the India call enter 30 minutes earlier. An Indian man swore at me, called me a stupid woman and hung up on me. I have never, ever been rude to any of these people. I had a legitimate concern: a computer that won't boot up well, crashes randomly, corrupts and loses documents, etc. It is largely due to WIN 8 but I am too stupid to prove this. I only have 6 other laptops that have never had an error ever. I bought this Lenovo to try something new. I was dumb. I agree. Stupid and ridiculous to branch out and buy something I am too dumb to use. Lenovo has lost me as a customer, and I am going to extend the favor. Because they were so kind to point out my worthlessness as a stupid nasty, vulgar woman (my dad's fault, for giving me the X chromosome, mind you), I am going to tell the IT department at my medical university where I do research (remember, I am stupid and can only be a hideous, lowly scientist..So close to being a trash collector, I am sure) to share with all of our 15,000 employees (YES, WE ARE THE LARGEST EMPLOYER IN THE STATE) this story and hope that Lenovo goes bankrupt.

I have never ever been treated so hatefully by such incompetent mean angry men. What human garbage.  

Lenovo, take a lesson:cheap labor will bite you in the butt. Successful and intelligent professionals will turn from your products as these stories circulate. I cannot wait to share this (copy and paste, I did) with the entire population of my next scientific meeting: we have more than 20,000 members. I will keep this up until I have told everyone this story twice.

You have made this a personal mission for me. Thanks for showing me EXACTLY what type of people you value!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 125

Hi janeandtarzan,

I'm truly sorry for what you have encountered. I do not expect this to happen, and should not happen in any situation as it is a respect that we all should have for each other. It is certainly not the practice we embrace.

Could you send me a private message with some personal details for I could get attention from our customer relationship team?

• Full Name
  • Phone Contact Number
  • Machine Model (i.e. G580)
  • Machine Serial Number
  • Case number with the case centre (if any)
  • The date (and time if possible) of phone calls being made
  • The phone numbers(service centre/sales people,etc) you dialed

These are important for we can revise/improve our service quality.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español