Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Mne1976

Re: Terrible Customer Service

Same happening on my Lenovo G570, put blu-ray in player (which was the same one I had put in a few of weeks ago to test if disc was working, last week same disc in player  wouldn't let me watch without updating)

Link to download is

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/aacs/result.jsp?SR=DVD110127-04&ProductNo=DVD00036&AutoBuildID=0002041...

as with everyone else blu-rays will not play now

also just checked publishers certificate for download, it says expired 13/4/2012

Paper Tape
prinsly

I have an Ideapad Y470 and have the exact same issue where I am not able to update PowerDVD 10 or play blu ray discs for the past few weeks. I went back and forth with Cyberlink support to no avail. Now, I am waiting for the past hour waiting to be connected to a Lenovo customer support agent.
Paper Tape
SFLenovo570

I have an IdeaPad Y570, and I have the same problem.

i went to play a BLU-Ray DVD for the first time, it said I needed to update PowerDVD 10. I tried that, it then said I have a problem with my internet connection, please check it, and it stops the update.

I assure you, I have no problem with the internet connection.

Can Lenovo please respond and advise us on what to do.

-Thanks

Paper Tape
SFLenovo570

So I tried downloading the latest version from the link posted by the Lenovo support tech in an earlier post.

The same problem occurred.

Please advise.

I have a Lenovo Y570 w/Blu Ray.

The machine is three weeks old.

What's DOS?
vickde

Same problem here. New machine, bundled PowerDVD 10 requires update before it will play a blu-ray disc, then refuses to update. The Y570 is being advertised as a "Multimedia Powerhouse." It really does need to be able to play blu-ray discs to comply with that promotion, no?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

Our tech advised downloading version 10 from this link

Could you please try this once again, and then confirm whether you have success or if this is still a problem.  If still a problem, can you provide any additional details about the error message?

You can certainly check with support - perhaps they can arrange a remote connect on your PC and see if we can learn more.   If this remains unresolved, we may want to have a look at one of your systems.

Anyone in the US with this issue that might be able to let us have a look for couple of days?

Thanks

mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
Comandjp

New link worked 100%.
Thanks.
Blu-ray now working perfectly.
What's DOS?
jerseyiceboy14

I have the same issue with powerDVD.  It requires an update to be installed before it will play blu rays.  But when I try to install the update it gives an error about not being able to find an internet connection, even though I'm connected. i have a z570. i have tried to update that erik said to use but it still doesnt work. what should i do now?

community supermod
erik

jerseyiceboy14 - welcome to the forum!

have you tried the patch from cyberlink that mark provided above?   i updated my post to prevent any confusion, adding the same link for users to follow.

please try that and see if it work for you.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

What's DOS?
Mne1976

Re: PowerDVD 10 blu-ray playback issues

Patch has worked for me

Thanks