Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
RobertE

Re: Problems connecting to the internet - t61

No I believe its set up for any type of connection? It has no problem picking up my neighbors wireless signal but I dont know the password. I'll be going to a friends tomorrow to see if I can get it to hook up to his wireless, and I might just go buy a wireless router if thatll solve the problem :smileysad:
Bit Torrent
wjli2

Windows Vista also use Microsoft Defender, so make sure you set that Firewall protocal properly.
Greps Everything
ConnectDon

RobertE wrote:
No I believe its set up for any type of connection?

Best Available Network?  (I'm testing a partitioning scheme on my T61 and am having to make do with the User's Guide.)  You should be able to change that to Wired Broadband (DSL or Cable Modem).  I'm not sure if that setting is picked up under Best Available Network or not.

RobertE wrote:
I'll be going to a friends tomorrow to see if I can get it to hook up to his wireless, and I might just go buy a wireless router if thatll solve the problem :smileysad:

While you're there, try plugging into one of the Ethernet ports on the back of the wireless router (using the Best Available Network setting).

If none of the above works, there's a thread over at NBR on how to disable Access Connections so you can remove it from the equation (the disable instructions are near the bottom of page 2).

Don

Paper Tape
RobertE

I'm pleased to say im posting this from my t61. I unchecked the box next the wireless adapter, and switched to best network and it picked up the signal.
JaneL

@RobertE That's great news - happy surfing!

@ConnectDon Good job! Yer 'OK

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!