Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Trocar
Accepted Solution

Problems with Warranty Update

Hello all,

I hate my first post here to be a negative one, but I'm getting a bit frustrated.

I registered a Warranty Update for my e520, upgrading it to 2 years on-site.

It is supposed to show up in the ThinkVantage Toolbox, within 30 days. It did not.

So I contacted Lenovo through email, and got a reply that it WAS indeed registered, as I could see through the online Warranty Status Lookup. It does show two years of warranty but, however, this shows my location to be Canada, while I live in the Netherlands.

I thought this might become a problem in the future if I needed the warranty, so I emailed again, asking to change my location. Now I get an email, with a .bmp attachment, which shows the location of my machine to be Netherlands (correct), but with a limited 1 year warranty (not correct, should be two years)!

Currently I have a online Warranty Status sayin I have a 2 year warranty with location Canada, an email that says that I have 1 year warranty with location Netherlands, and a Lenovo Toolbox that says I have a 1 year limited warranty.

I already went through alot of trouble and annoyance trying to register for the Cashback action (not sure what that will turn out to), and now this...

Does anybody know how this registration works? How can I have different locations and warranty statusses even though everything states the same (correct) model ID and serial number? Is there not a central server?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Problems with Warranty Update

hey Trocar,

welcome to the forums and apologies on what happened.

could you pm to me the following details :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of :

1. your thinkvantage tool indicating the wrong warranty.
2. warranty status lookup from the web
3. image that was given to you by Lenovo indicating location of unit to be in Netherlands

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Punch Card
Trocar

Hello Serge1410,

thanks for the welcome, and for replying.

I have send you the requested information.

Punch Card
Trocar

[ Edited ]

Sorry for bumping the thread, but I thought it'd only be fair to report that my problem with the warranty has been solved, after contacting Serge1410.