Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

Re: Shipment stuck in customs

I wish I had come across this information before ordering, because I would have thought twice before ordering from Lenovo. It astounds me how a company can make a good product, and yet operate so poorly, and totally in disregard for business customers. It is unbeleivable that they can sell a business product and yet have no perception of the needs of business.

Paper Tape
wise_hedgehog

seems released :smileyvery-happy:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US08/05/20102:40 P.M.IN TRANSIT
 08/05/20101:56 P.M.THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY
 08/05/20101:56 P.M.THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY
 08/05/20101:19 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
 08/05/201012:23 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US08/04/20101:12 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
 08/04/201012:28 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US08/03/201010:40 A.M.THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY
 08/03/201012:24 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
 08/03/201012:08 A.M.IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US08/02/201012:37 P.M.IMPORT SCAN
 08/02/20109:50 A.M.ARRIVAL SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US07/30/20109:11 P.M.ARRIVAL SCAN

Paper Tape
flashwei

Yeah, we got almost the same tracking information!

LOUISVILLE, KY, US      08/05/2010      2:40 P.M.      IN TRANSIT
    08/05/2010     1:56 P.M.     THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY
    08/05/2010     1:56 P.M.     THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT FOR DELIVERY
    08/05/2010     12:40 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/05/2010     12:32 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US     08/04/2010     12:44 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/04/2010     12:32 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US     08/03/2010     10:40 A.M.     THIS SHIPMENT IS WAREHOUSED UNTIL IT IS RELEASED BY CLEARING AGENCY
    08/03/2010     12:28 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/03/2010     12:17 A.M.     IMPORT SCAN
LOUISVILLE, KY, US     08/02/2010     1:26 P.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/02/2010     1:26 P.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/02/2010     12:12 P.M.     IMPORT SCAN
    08/02/2010     9:50 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
ANCHORAGE, AK, US     07/30/2010     9:11 P.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN

Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

Unfortunately, I was not so lucky. Not cleared yet. I have never encountered this with Apple, or Dell, or anybody else. I really need the laptop, and it has been stuck in Louisville all week. Absolutely crazy. I need to be looking to buy more for the office, but I am having serious reconsiderations about going with Lenovo again.

Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

It is now in Day 5 of being held hostage in Louisville.

I really don't care how good the Thinkpad turns out to be, Lenovo has put a real sour taste in my mouth, and a very negative image of their company. They sure know how to tick off customers. I have my first day off in 2 weeks today, was hoping to use it transferring all of my files from the old laptop to the new T510, but to no avail. 

Sadly, I really don't think Lenova gives a ( ___).

The moral of this thread seems to be that you better not get excited or relieved when you find out that your order was shipped (which I did not even get an email for....I found out when I would log in and check the status of my order), because you will have to wait, wait, wait, because Lenovo cannot efficiently prepare the paperwork to clear customs.

Paper Tape
sevuganhari

[ Edited ]

Mine seems to be stuck in customs.

UPS has a blunt reply (unlike mentioned in the above forum msgs, they dont point out that lenovo has not yet responded) but they say, at the moment we need to wait and monitor.

I was supposed to get it on 8/6/2010, still going over this multiple IMPORT SCAN's.

I am not sure why lenovo is really doing this.. to most of its customers.

Has any one not yet got theirs still? and waiting for a period longer than couple of weeks ?

If you ask for cancellation do they charge any as re-stocking fee?

Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

To answer your question, still no movement. Looked at the tracking this morning, and still shows it being in Louisville, with no activity, now Day 6.  Obviously, I will not get it today. They charged my credit card, though, on July 23, which is 17 days ago.

I still cannot fathom how somebody can market themselves as making "business" computers- and as far as my experience with Thinkpads has been, very good ones- and yet be so poorly run to fulfill the needs of their customers.  Absolutely pathetic.

Paper Tape
sevuganhari

Today I confirmed who exactly is the cause for this delay.

Its not UPS not customs, but its Lenovo.

I got this confirmation directly from customer support of Lenovo in a recorded conversation that they tried to lie to me several times, and finally they apologized for their lies. How far can they lie (they tried to lie in different ways for over an hour)? Finally I got a verbal recorded confirmation that they lied to me earlier. Thanks lenovo.

As per fed trade commission rules, Lenovo is violating the law.

I hope Lenovo understands it, or else some one should help them understand it in what ever language they can understand. Sorry I have to say this on your forum.

I want to force my self  - not to do that.

But still wish a good luck, for them to try to improve their service at the earliest possible time for their good.

Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

I have read on threads on this forum that indeed the problem is strictly due to Lenovo, and their lack of efficiency (and caring!) in supplying the proper documentation.  Dell, Apple, etc., all have the same situation of going through customs, and yet they seem to manage to put things through in a matter of hours, and not days or weeks.

As I have said before, it is unbelievable that they can operate in such a fashion. Horrible.

(By the way, mine has been stucky almost a week).

Paper Tape
floridahockeygu

The person two posts up said:

"I hope Lenovo understands it, or else some one should help them understand it in what ever language they can understand. Sorry I have to say this on your forum."

There is only ONE way to do this. I am going to make my part to make them understand by not giving them any more $$. I am going to have to buy several more units shortly, but this experience will definitely make me look elsewhere.

And yes, I checked the tracking, and it will spend yet another day in Louisville. Make it a week now. I am now going from shaking my head at their pathetic service, to now getting downright mad. This is unacceptable, especially since they did not hesitate to charge my credit card 3 weeks ago. If there was a way to cancel the order, I would do so, because this is unacceptable.