Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Swampie

Shipping confirmail email doesn't have tracking information

Last night I received my shipping confirmation email that my ThinkPad order had shipped via UPS (7 days after ordering), however the email says that tracking number is not available.  This was the same for my warranty extension shipping notice that came last Friday.

I've emailed Lenovo UK CS to ask for a tracking number and it's approaching 24 hours since sending and I've still not heard anything.  With the 3-6 days estimated shipping time, I'm concerned that UPS will attempt delivery before I get my tracking number!

Is a missing tracking number a common thing?

Thanks

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Johnwaits

Re: Shipping confirmail email doesn't have tracking information

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue ! Email saying Shipped and " The estimated delivery time is  3 to 6 business days." 

The link provided under Tracking Number: only takes me to a UPS page where I need to enter a tracking number. 

Also on the "find my order" website page the same useless link is provied.

https://www.findmyorder.com/   (= loose my order more like. )

My phone call to customer service was a farce !   Basiclly they said my request for a tracking number would have to be escalated and a request made to UPS for a new tracking number. This would take around 5 to 7 days.

As yet I have only had an automated response to emails.

fail.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Swampie

I never got a tracking number in the end. Whilst I did get an email saying that they were trying to get the number, the laptop arrived before any of that was resolved.

I got shipping notification late night on Tuesday 14th Feb. Laptop arrived on Monday 20th Feb. I looked at the UPS website and used their shipping estimator (Worldwide Expedited) which I think said if shipped on 14th, would arrive on Friday 17th. When it didn't arrive that day, I expected it would arrive on the Monday, which it did. Looking at the tracking info afterwards, I think it actually shipped on the 15th. UPS Worldwide Expedited from China to UK is 3 working days (once in UPS hands).

It appears it was built on the 12th (looking at the timestamps on files).

So I would assume yours shipped 1 day after the shipping notification, and should arrive 3 working days after that.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Johnwaits

[ Edited ]

Shipping email sent on :  Date:     25 February 2012 20:50:23 GMT. 

What I do not understand is why a tracking number is such a big deal to obtain for CS.

Just got this:

"Thank you for contacting the Lenovo Online Store.

We apologize for the inconvenience. we have escalated this off to our
escalations team once we have an update we will be in contact with you
as soon as possible. "

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Swampie

The versions I got from them were:

"Unfortunately due to a technical issue our system did not update with a valid tracking number, We have requested this from our logistics department and will be in contact with you shortly to provide you further information regarding the tracking of your product.

We apologize for the delay in this matter and thank you fo your patience."

and then later (after it had been delivered!)

"We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we are still waiting for an update from Lenovo on the tracking number for your order. once we have this will send it on to you as soon as possible."

I'm guessing it's actually Digital River having difficulty getting the tracking info from Lenovo. I do wonder whether, if the shipping information doesn't have tracking info, and the sales helpline can't see the tracking number - are they really able to find the tracking info?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Johnwaits

18.29 - 1st March = :smileyhappy:   arrived

pdw
Punch Card
pdw

I've just had this problem!

I phoned CS and it's the usual story of escalation and if I am lucky I may get a tracking number.

What's really sad is that I ordered another Lenovo laptop 16 months ago and had exactly the same issue. These days I can order from most online stores and have tracking details plus SMS notification of impending arrival, sometimes down to the hour.  I ordered a sound card that came from China and had full tracking on that so why can't Lenovo get this fixed?