Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

Tell us what you want for our Special Online Events

Hi everyone!

Hope your stay in our Community has been a fruitful one!

Some of you may know that recently, we decided to organize special online events, where we have experts in various subject matters come in to answer questions you may have about a topic or area.

Two events have been held - the first of which was the malware and security event and the second, about the CES held in Las Vegas in mid - January.

We are going to continue to have more - but we want to have events that matter to YOU, and are of interest to you.

Hence, do let us know which area you want us to organize something on, so that we can get things going! Just post in this thread and tell us what you need - we'll try our best to get something going!

Thanks again, and take care!

serene

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 363
Solutions: 238

Re: Tell us what you want for our Special Online Events

Hi Serene,

I'd like to see some sort of general meet the experts day, or something along those lines.

Members could give feedback on what they like about their systems and what they don't like.  

They could say what they would like to see on future systems and what they like and dislike on upcoming systems.

What goes into designing one of these systems?  Why are some systems carried forward and others are not?

What they like about new Operating Systems, what they don't.  What should be in new Operating systems, what should not.

They could get feedback from experts from Lenovo, MS, Technology partners, about just what it takes to get a system into production.

It could also be kind of a follow-up to CES.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
sunnydeas

[ Edited ]

A mí me gustaría desarrollar el tema de touchscreen, como crear aplicaciones para las mismas, cuales son los sistemas que mejores performances ofrecen para ellas, y con qué programas se pueden hacer las mejores aplicaciones de acuerdo con los sistemas operativos.

También me gustaría tener un amplio panorama de lo que se viene a futuro con respecto a la interactividad y hasta qué punto es la pantalla touch una protagonista en este tema, o si será reemplazada rápidamente por lo gestual.

Gracias

Moderator note; Google translation:

I would like to develop the theme of touchscreen, how to create applications for them, which are systems that offer better performance for them, and how programs can make the best applications in accordance with operating systems.

I also like to have a broad overview of what's to come forward with regard to interactivity and how much is a touch screen player in this, or be quickly replaced by the gestural.

Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

@AndyP

Muchos gracias for the translation :smileyhappy:))))))))))

serene

Punch Card
radiskull

Well I am new member to the board so I am still poking around a bit.  I got afew ideas, some of which I am going to see if they are already beingimplemented, but I have two or 3 ideas.

Webisodes or video and online chats with lenov/ibm people.  How cool would that be to meet with and rub elbows with the people who are contributing the products to a community that hopefully we all take part in and help grow?

Secondly what about a how to?  The gurus and the experianced can ppost guides start discussions and maybe have some video or support for mods for those of us mad scientists.  Maybe even trying to get people who moded their laptops to post pictures and videos of some cool features.

third tshirts.

JaneL

radiskull wrote: 

Secondly what about a how to?  The gurus and the experianced can ppost guides start discussions and maybe have some video or support for mods for those of us mad scientists.  Maybe even trying to get people who moded their laptops to post pictures and videos of some cool features.

Welcome to the forum!  Have you checked out the Knowledge Base?  Also check out the stickies in the Photo board for some prize winning modders.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

@Radiskull

Great points dearie.Thanks for them. On a sidenote, if you have fab tips do share them with us as well by posting them in the forum, or pinging me direct so that we could, as JaneL said, put them in the Knowledge Base.

serene

Punch Card
boomer4d

How about having someone come in to address the issues that are plauging the W520 series so that owners of these devices have some sense that Lenovo at least admits there are huge problems and is working to address those issues?

W520 shuts off intermittently, no BSOD or shut down

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Boomer,

Fair point.  I've replied and we'll try to collect some additional samples and see if we can make progress on this one.  The static discharge symptoms seem new and worth investigating.   We've brought in samples previously and ran them for over 1000 hours without experiencing a shutdown, so this issue has been tough to crack.

Thanks for speaking up.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
802.11n
is1981

I would like to see more special events related with the ThinkPad Tablet. What about an special event targeted to Ice Cream Sandwich a few weeks after OTA 3? Surely people will have some good advice for next OTAs after playing with ICS for a few weeks, and there may be some valuable bug reports then.