Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
PepsiBandit

Warranty Problems

[ Edited ]

It began when I accidentally spilt some water on my ThinkPad E520. I left it to dry for a few days to dry out but it wouldn't turn on. I had the accidental damage protection warranty so I called them up and they arranged for it to be collected the next day. 

I got it back a week later and I was feeling rather impressed with how easy it had been. As soon as I got it back I opened the box, took it out and tried turning it on it came up with a fan error. So I tried a few more times and read through the papers sent back with it. It said that it had passed all of their performance tests and was working. The motherboard, keyboard and the palm rests were replaced, the bios was updated and that was about it. I noticed the back casing hadn't been pushed all the way back on. 

I decided to call them up and get it sent back to be fixed again, and they collected it the next day. I was back home from university while all of this was happened but I was going back that day so I gave them my university address to get it sent there. He repeated the address back to before hanging up. Once it arrived there it only took them an hour or so before it was waiting to be collected and sent back to me. I think the fan hadn't been properly connected or something. 

When I woke up this morning I saw that the package had been delivered and signed for. This seemed odd as before they asked for my name to confirm it was me before asking me to sign for it. Then I saw on UPS site that it was a person I had never heard of. I checked to see if any note had been left saying it was with a neighbor but there wasn't one. I then knocked to ask just to be sure. After that I called up lenovo to see if they knew where it had been sent to. After waiting for 15minutes on hold for them to check I was told they would call me back. I waited for several hours with my phone before calling UPS, they then said that I would have to check with the sender and that they could not tell me where it was. They did however say that it had been sent to a different post code, I don't know how this happened as they repeated it back to me and the start of the postcode had 2 different numbers. They also said the road name when I told it to them.

The customer support is closed until Monday morning now so I will have to try again then. Until then my laptop with all my personal files are with someone I have never heard of. There are no passwords on my laptop because it is only used by me and almost always with me. There are passwords saved on chrome and even credit card details. 

I would like to know how they can sent it back broken and then send it to a different address. 

Is there anything else I can do?

Retired Employee
lak_sg

Re: Warranty Problems

Hi PepsiBandit,

Hope you were able to sort this out with the call centre and track your item.

I can empathize with you on the experience you had gone through!

If the situation has not resolved, I'll like to try to get help to sort this out.

I'll need some additional details and I've sent you a private message with the request.

Thanks!

lak_sg

WW Social Media

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!