Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
Khaber

Warranty from US to UK, help please..

Hi,

I bought an extend to my existed warranty from UK eServicePac Support after asking them if it possible "and the answer is YES, it's possible".  And then someone for the costumer service told my that I have a problem!

See the e-mails:

Dear customer,

we are writing with regards to your recent submission under the authorization number  ************..  Your registration  ended  up in duplicate submission  error , as the serial number L3B****  had already been successfully registered under the different authorization number  and for the different customer.  To rectify I would kindly ask you to double check the label attached at the bottom of your machine, and resubmit. However should the machine details be correct  please send us the invoice (quoting both machine type, and serial number), and we will amend our records accordingly. Thank you

http://www.thinkpad.com/services/thinkplus?countryNumber=866&languageId=en&contractNumber=**********...*****

The ThinkPlus/Lenovo Care Maintenance Services for the hardware specified
below HAS NOT been accepted:

Lenovo   Machine  Model  Serial   Purchase    Status
Service  type            number   date
-------  -------  -----  -------  ----------  ------
41C9431  2764     CTO    L3B****  2009-03-24  10

The status values are explained below.
8 : Incompatible
10: Previously submitted

===================

2. reply from me:

Yes I checked it and it is the same. And about the invoice, I don't think that I have it anymore, it has been 11 months since I buy my laptop.

Regards,
Yousif

===================

3. reply from them:

Hi Yousif,

below email is to notify that machine of same serial number had already been successfully registered against the different customer details. I would advise you to double check the label attached on bottom of your machine, and resubmit. However should the details be correct I would kindly ask you to send us invoice quoting full machine details (machine type, and serial number). This will enable us to progress with the completion of your contract. Thank you for your help

Best Regards, ******* ********

===================

4. reply from me:

I attached the bill that I have.

===================

5. reply from them:

Hi Yousif,

your machine is currently being located in USA, we are waiting for the system to be updated. However these kind of updates take a while. We will keep you  posted. Thank you

Best Regards, ****** ********

==================

6. another reply from them:

Hi Yousif,

it seems that your machine is registered under the US service pac.  I would advise you to cancel your US registration, so that the UK one can be processed.  Thank you

Best Regards, ***** *******

==================

7. reply from me:

Hi, how I can cancel my us regestration?

Regards,
Yousif

==================

8.reply from them:

Hi Yousif,

to cancel your us registration, please contact us service pac team. Thank you

Best Regards, ******** *********

==================

finished!

I don't know how to contact us service pac team.  And all what I want is to cancel my us registration please.

My laptop is:

Lenovo T400

Type 2764-CTO

Regards,

Yousif

Serial Port
Khaber

Re: Warranty from US to UK, help please..

any help or advice please

Serial Port
Khaber

help please!

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Khaber wrote:

Lenovo   Machine  Model  Serial   Purchase    Status
Service  type            number   date
-------  -------  -----  -------  ----------  ------
41C9431  2764     CTO    L3B****  2009-03-24  10

Do you have any other numbers written under the 2764-CTO? AFAIK there should be. The first four "2764" should be the same, the last three will differ to "CTO" Try re-registering with the other numbers / letters, if they're there.

Hope this helps

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
Khaber

No, it's CTO, and I have the serial number, but I make it hidden. Do you need it?

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

[ Edited ]

Could you take a look in BIOS to see what it says, press F1 at boot. You should see a system unit identity number, (or similar), which begins with "2764", please post the three letters or numbers which immediately follow this.

Please do NOT post the last 7 charachters of the UID as they are your s/n.

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
Khaber

yes I checked it, it is 2764CTO

Serial Port
Khaber

any help please