Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

Warrany change taking months with Lenovo

Hello,

Since several months I am trying to move my warranty from USA to Europe. It is 3 year warranty on X61Tablet. I called Lenovov several times on the ocasion, was promissed to be called back, then send query using email, was promissed to get reply, then sent another query, then send another etc.

the only thing I am getting is confirmation of the message and after several days confiormation that somebody wil be looking into that.

Who can please help me with that?
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: Warrany change taking months with Lenovo

wojciech_czyz,

Can you send me a PM with your MT and Serial number and your contact information?

I'll try to get this resolved.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

Hello, PM sent yesterday...
Thanks,
Wojciech
Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

Mark,

I sent the PM to you twice and replied to this board in the last week, still nothing. Can you please at least say if you are still interested in helping (even more) disappointed Lenovo customer?

Best regards,
Wojciech
JaneL

Have a little patience.  You're not the only customer Mark is helping right now, and it takes time for him to get answers to any question.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Serial Port
wojciech_czyz

One month have passed since I posted this question on this forum.
The total time I am waiting for a resolution of this is...5 months.
My X61T recently decided to loose one of its corners and the screen bevel unglued, would be great to have it serviced but my warranty that I paid for is "behind the glass".

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

wojciech_czyz wrote:
One month have passed since I posted this question on this forum.
The total time I am waiting for a resolution of this is...5 months.
My X61T recently decided to loose one of its corners and the screen bevel unglued, would be great to have it serviced but my warranty that I paid for is "behind the glass".

Apologies for the delay.  I have been in contact with our European services team and they will be in touch with you ASAP.

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
SCSI Port
leopoldus

Re: Warranty change taking months with Lenovo

[ Edited ]

Hello,

II have a similar problem with my Thinkpad T60p, so it'd be fine to get to know, how wojciech_czyz  has solved his problem with exchanging his Thinkpad's warranty regional localization.

Actually my situation is much worse than wojciech_czyz's one. I've purchased and been using my Thinkpad T60 (with international warranty of course) while being for a long trip in USA and now I go back to Europe. Lenovo's Europe representative whom I've contacted with has notified, that my machine will not in any event get any warranty service in Europe. Furthermore it is not possible to extend my TP's warranty (that is to purchase a new additional) in Europe even for the extra charge. So the only thing they have could advise me  was to purchase a new notebook in Europe. For me it sounds like a bad joke...

BTW I don't understand Lenovo's concept of "international" warranties, which are not world-wide, but regional. What if I  often travel between USA and Europe? Have I really need to have tow notebookes, one for USA and other for Europe, in order to get covered by Lenovo's warranty service at home and on trip? Or there is some actually worldwide warranty as well?

Thanks!

Message Edited by leopoldus on 10-10-2008 10:08 PM
Bit Torrent
wjli2

welcome to the forum leopoldus:

Lenovo Thinkpad still use a vestige of IBM Thinkpad International warranty, which depends on the model number of machine have different International warranty coverage. Even if you have international warranty, the warranty in the oversea countries covered as part of your IWS are the most basic warranty service available in that country, regardless of what warranty is offered in the original country of purchase. In some cases (i think India) extra warranty services offered in USA purchased machine are also honored in India. But in Europe this is not the case, you only get back to depot services.... 

SCSI Port
leopoldus

Thank you, wjli2.

I'm not sure what do you mean under "most basic warranty service" (depot service) and would it cover my needs (perhaps it would). However I was told from Lenovo's Europe representative, that with my USA purchased machine I'm not eligible for any kind of warranty service, basic or extended.

But from the other side, it seems, that wojciech_czyz (the original author of this thread) was however able to move his TP's warranty localization. At least Mark_Lenovo has not answered this thing to be impossible, but promised to clarify the problem. Don't know what to think (and to do).