Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
dwjy

Re: Hi all, Does the Stereo Mix come back with the new L, X, Xt, T and Wx20 series?

Interesting, might even be true. They can spin it any way they want, but I don't subscribe to the company line for two obvious reasons:

(1) If it's indeed to develop new standards, you don't just drop the feature and leave users in the cold. They should keep the feature enabled until they have something in place to do the job.

(2) You can get stereo mix from plenty other vendors. I just bought one without it being crippled (see my 1st post above).

In any event, this is a moot point for me now, as I found a workaround. Unfortunately, as many have pointed out, you find out this being disabled only after the purchase when they were going to use it, only to find it's not there anymore.

Punch Card
profichiller

Re: Hi all, Does the Stereo Mix come back with the new L, X, Xt, T and Wx20 series?

dwjy wrote:

The hardware supports it, at least on T410 (just found out). But for ridiculous reasons Lenovo just cripples it, supposedly bowing to pressure from trade groups. In any case, no one should have to use a 3rd party software to get round stereo mix issue if it is built into the hardware. And if  there is a choice, I'd would not buy hardware that does not have the capability. That is what I did with the Asus we just bought. Had Lenovo addressed this issue, they might have had my second purchase.

Enuf babbling. I did find a solution which has been tested to work on my T410. Go here:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Audio-Sound/How-get-Stereo-Mix-on-Conexant-sound-card-SOLUTION/m-p/1970...

Steps:

(1) Download and unpack "IN2AUD25WW5.exe" per instruction in link above

(2) Edit the entry in Win7 section of  "NELCC2wa.inf" to read:

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Pebble5071.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModelNELA0V,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_17AA214C
That is the entry I used for my for T410 (Conexant 20585) . Check your hardware ID.

(3) Install driver by browsing to your location (not let comp do it, or it would say you are up to date). Then goto control panel>sound>recording; right click to show disabled devices, Eureka, you got the stereo mix back that I shouldn't have to work this hard for. You may have to reboot. I didn't have to.

I can confirm this solution on a t510, win7x64 machine.

The only drawback is that the internal microfon does not work anymore.

Best

Guru
PeterTWJ

Hi all

Surprisingly, I saw Stereo Mix on a Lenovo Essential G470 - Windows 7 x64. I was thinking such a high end feature is only implemented on a low end system and why not implemented on other mid to high end systems.

Cheers :smileyvery-happy:

Peter
(Current: W520 4284-A99) (Refunded: W510 4876-A11)

=============================================
Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve :smileyvery-happy:

Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future :smileyvery-happy:

Dolby Home Theater v4 (ThinkMix V2)!

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-Series-ThinkPad-Lapt​ops/W520-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/m-p/451401#M155... 

802.11n
mailxiaodan

Anyone tried this on X200 ? Thanks.
Paper Tape
karana

Hi, all. This method works great on my Lenovo T410, Windows 7, 64-bit machine. However, the internal microphone no longer works. Is there a way to resolve this?

Thanks

Punch Card
mikew3

I have a new w530 thinkpad, how can I enable Stereo Mix?

Fanfold Paper
AdvancedUser

[ Edited ]

I've been looking for this myself.  I now have a W530, but previously, using both the Dell D630 and D830 I was able to enable it by using different drivers than were recommended.  It took me forever to find the drivers, as well.  So, I don't really recommend it as its a pain and unless all you have is time, not worth it.  On those same systems I also was able to achieve the same effect with an excellent app called Virtual Audio Cable.

However, the developer's English, though good....-ish, is deceiving, because it's not good enough to adequately/simply explain what you need to do.  And he makes it sound like you need to be a rocket scientist...which I actually am...

Anyway, the problem with VAC is that you have to pay for something that you've gotten free in the past and should be getting free now.  The great part about the app is that it is very flexible and actually easier to use than it seems.  Once you get the ins and outs you can do a lot more than Stereo mix could ever do on its own.  You just need to find a good tutorial to get the same results as stereo mix would have given you.

I am going to be looking into this issue periodically and hopefully will find something else better and cheaper.  But in the meantime, you might like VAC.

W530 16GB RAM, K2000M, i7-3610qm, 320gb and 320gb 7200 and DVD recordable, N-6205, BT 4.0, Color Sensor Bezel (don't know where to get the color sensor) Windows 7 Ult. x6460
What's DOS?
kimb

Re: Why has stereo Mix been disabled on thinkpads & when do we get a formal response

Hi,

Just a note to say that I got this working sucessfully on my T410 with Win7 64 bit by doing the following:

1. Download the IN2AUD25WW5.EXE driver installer.

2. Open the installer using WinRAR and drag the W7-64 folder onto the desktop.

3. Edit NELCC2wa.inf and at line 66 add:

%HdAudioFunctionDriver.Pebble5071.DeviceDesc% = HdAudModelNELA0V,HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_17AA214C

Note: Your device ID might be different, you can get your device ID in Device Manager > Conexant CXxxxxx> Properties > Details > Hardware IDs

4. Save the inf file and now run Setup64.exe, let that finish & then REBOOT.

Note: Interestingly the device model on mine has changed from CX20585 to CX20671.

5. I can now go into the Sound Control Panel and select Stereo Mix as a recording input, tested and works great!

Other things this driver does is fix an annoying earth hum on the headphone output and the overall sound quality to my ears sounds a lot better.

Lenovo should fix this and make a new driver patch available for the T410 and maybe others.

HTH

Kim

Paper Tape
karana

Re: Why has stereo Mix been disabled on thinkpads & when do we get a formal response

Hi, Kim. Thanks for sharing. Does your internal mic still work after making those changes?

802.11n
eecon

kimb wrote:

Hi,

Just a note to say that I got this working sucessfully on my T410 with Win7 64 bit by doing the following:

1. Download the IN2AUD25WW5.EXE driver installer.

2. Open the installer using WinRAR and drag the W7-64 folder onto the desktop.

3. Edit NELCC2wa.inf and at line 66 add:

Note: Your device ID might be different, you can get your device ID in Device Manager > Conexant CXxxxxx> Properties > Details > Hardware IDs

4. Save the inf file and now run Setup64.exe, let that finish & then REBOOT.

Note: Interestingly the device model on mine has changed from CX20585 to CX20671.

5. I can now go into the Sound Control Panel and select Stereo Mix as a recording input, tested and works great!

Other things this driver does is fix an annoying earth hum on the headphone output and the overall sound quality to my ears sounds a lot better.

Lenovo should fix this and make a new driver patch available for the T410 and maybe others.

HTH

Kim

Would this work also on a T500 which uses a Conexant Sound (unlike the T61 which used SoundMax)?

Two (I used to have Five) - T61p 15.4" WS T9300 2.5Ghz units, August 08/08 Builds with FX570M Nvidia Graphics; ... One W520 i7-2860QM w/2000M Nvidia Graphics (most recent acquisition and stupidly fast); .... One - T42 4:3 15" Flexview 1.8GHz with ATI Graphics (still perfect for traveling); ... Two - T500 15.4" units both with ATI HD3650 Graphics.