Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
dabin_only_me

ask for invoice for my laptop

Hi,

I placed an order online and yesterday I received my  laptop  package. But I could NOT find the invoice of my laptop in the package. How can I get the invoice?

Because I will bring the laptop to China and the invoice is needed if I want to get service for the laptop in China. Could you please help me to get the invoice?

Thanks!

Bin
Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: ask for invoice for my laptop

they send the invoice separately to your mailing address, they do not include it with their laptop package... well that is how i got mine invoice in Australia anyway... but make sure you don't lose it, otherwise it is quite difficult to get a replacement.
Paper Tape
dabin_only_me

Thanks wjli2.

When will they send the invoice? One week later??
Bit Torrent
wjli2

i got mine two weeks later....
Bit Torrent
wjli2

also the warranty is accessible not by invoice but through the S/N on the bottom of the machine... Lenovo unlike other some other laptop company allows the laptop to be serviced regardless of the owner, all the warranty information is related to your laptop's Serial Number. Did you purchase international warranty???
Paper Tape
dabin_only_me

I bought my laptop online and checked my laptop model (7658) for International Warranty Service availability. It was said that my laptop model is eligible for International Warranty Service .

So do I still need to purchase international warranty?
Bit Torrent
wjli2

eligible means  you can purchase the international warranty for it...
ajkula66
Kudos: 750
Solutions: 792

Eligible for IWS means that you'll be covered if the laptop malfunctions while you're physically present in any of the countries on the list applicable for the particular model number, no more and no less.

If I were to travel to UK with my T61 (6465) and fried my system board, I wouldn't be covered, but I would be in Canada or Singapore.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X220T, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T60p, T61p, R500F

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ThinkPadZ61t

No, no... my dear wjli2.
Maybe it used to be like that: "Lenovo unlike other some other laptop company allows the laptop to be serviced regardless of the owner, all the warranty information is related to your laptop's Serial Number."
NOW, you'll need your invoice, you'll need your credit card statement, you'll need copies of your passeport visa's and God knows what else. LENOVO DOES NOT PROVIDE INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY SERVICE they just claim to, but fail to do it in some countries.
I am upset about Lenovo Customer Service and their warranty service. http://turcanu.net/blog/2008/05/15/does-lenovo-really-provide-international-warranty-service-for-thinkpad-users/
ajkula66
Kudos: 750
Solutions: 792

Practices regarding warranty differ according to the countries involved and applicable laws. Germany has one set of rules, USA another, and China obviously the third set...with many more sets of rules and practices worldwide.

I'm not saying that it's always easy to predict what will happen, or that calls for support wouldn't have to be repeated, but IWS does exist, although in a variety of forms and guises.
Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T61, X220T, X301

Collecting dust: T60, T60p, T61p, R500F

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.