Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
bauriedel

complain about a warranty issues not solved sine 9 months

I bought a ThinkPad X201t at Brünings&Sandner in Munich at 26.11.2010 (NU7FWGE, 1006045, Kd.Nr. 43088). One week later a 1cm big black stripe appeared in the middle of my LCD-Display. A clear warranty issue Brünings&Sandner explained me, but because I had to go to Egypt, it was not possible for me to be without my computer for 2 weeks for repairing. So Brünings&Sandner suggested to buy a 24 hours warranty extension for Egypt, which I did (1101608). I also bought a Thinkpad travel AC/DC adapter (1101714). The adapter I plugged in the electricity outlet and it started to smoke, not even connected to the computer. So I went again back to Brünings&Sandner, a clear warranty issue they explained me, but they don´t have a new Adapter in stock, so I should solve it easy with my warranty extension in Egypt. After registering my warranty extension it took quite a long time and many phone calls with the service hotline of Lenovo to put me in contact with somebody responsible. After finding REDINGTONegypt as a service partner and calling them, they explained me that such a on-site service extension is not existing in Egypt (I wonder why I paid the money) and I have to come to them. So I went there with a taxi (quite a long way for me), they explained it is a clear warranty issue, but they have to order the screen and it will take 4 weeks. The Thinkpad travel AC/DC adapter they cannot repair or change, because it is not available here in Egypt. 4 weeks later, on my 2nd way to REDINGTONegypt somehow (I really don’t know how) the Wacom-board on top of the LCD-screen broke. At REDINGTONegypt they explained me now, they cannot fix my LCD, because now I have a broken Wacom-board, which is not warranty covered. And it is one part and they will not fix it, even if I pay it myself. I insisted to fix the LCD screen, because the wacom-board is a separate part, but they refused. At home the Lenovo service hotline explained me, that they have to fix the warranty issues and the broken wacom board I have to pay separate. They also said, that REDINGTONegypt has to replace my Thinkpad travel AC/DC, this will take 2 weeks, but no problem. So calling REDINGTONegypt again, they wanted me to come again to their shop. There I had again no luck with my Thinkpad travel AC/DC adapter and concerning the LCD screen they offered me the following “solution”: I should pay 1000$ in advance and they order a new LCD screen/wacom board and will install it for extra money in 4 weeks. I refused, because this amount is probably more than the whole broken notebook is worth after this year. So now, 9 months later, after I bought a new Lenovo X201t, which was broken since the first week and what is a clear warranty issue and having since 8 months a travel AC/DC adapter, broken from day one, after many phone calls with service hotlines and many hours in taxi to go to REDINGTONegypt, what you suggest? I am a very patient person, I used Lenovo/IBM products for many years, but this is my last attempt to find a appropriate and working solution for this problem. I will not pay 1000$ to repair also the warranty issues. I am also not bothered by the crack in the wacom board, it is fully functioning, but I am bothered by the black stripe in the LCD and a continuously broken travel AC/DC adapter, both clear warranty issues, not solved since 9 months and spending several hundred dollars and many hours in phone calls and taxi journeys and buying a warranty extension which is not worth the paper on which it is printed!

Who can help me???

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: complain about a warranty issues not solved sine 9 months

hey bauriedel,

could you pm the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

S/N:
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Description of issue :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.