Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Ron7624
Accepted Solution

A1 2 weeks and a brick. Should I replace?

Hi all.  I'm a really new newbe on this site and to the world of Android.  I bought my first Android device 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it.  I've lurked this website and soaked up my Android manual for the past two weeks and my A1 ideapad tablet has worked like a champ.  I cannot believe how cool it is and well it works.

My delima is that last night, I let it go to sleep with about a 70% charge and this morning it won't wake up...

Not a light, not a flicker, it does nothing.   When I plug in the charger... nothing.  no light, nothing.  Brick.

Is this something that anyone has heard about that is a problem with a percentage of lenovo tablets? 

Is it something that might happen again if I get another A1 from Newegg?

They will replace or refund.  I love the tablet but don't want to get another just to loose it again.

Please post any experiences you have had with an A1.  Good and Bad.

Thanks for any insight.

Ron7624

iPhone 4S
ideapad tablet A1(mega newbe)
Dell M1210 XP/Vista dual login
802.11n
beetle

Re: A1 2 weeks and a brick. Should I replace?

This used to be a very common problem. Try holding the power button for at least sixty seconds, release, then push the power button again. The A1 should vibrate and start the boot sequence.

If that doesn't work, leave the A1 unplugged for about a week to discharge the battery, then charge it over night and try booting.

To prevent overnight reboots or lockups, turn the WiFi off before charging.
Fanfold Paper
Ron7624

Thanks for the reply.  I wish I had known before I sent her back to Newegg.  It sounds to me like that would have done the trick... and now all my personal info is on a tablet that can easily come back to life. 

I guess I'd better trust in humanity and hope no one hijacks on of my useless email accounts.  lol

Again, Thanks for the info.  It may serve me in the future.

Newegg is going to send me a replacement at no charge.  I've always been happy with their quick shipping and good customer service.

Regards,

Ron7624

iPhone 4S
Punch Card
amjl2000

if you're worried about one of your accounts, can't you log into it from a PC (like if it's a google account) and change the password?

Fanfold Paper
Ron7624

What a great idea. I'm overdue for a password change anyway!! Tonight's project is defined.
Regards,
Ron7624
iPhone 4S