Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Token Ring
tinybeetle

A1 - Are there any decent carrying cases

Has anyone found a good, functional carrying case for the A1 yet? I like the look of this one for the Blackberry, but I don't think it would work due to the mounting method.

http://www.staples.com/BlackBerry-Convertible-Case-for-the-PlayBook-Tablet/product_322608

Thanks

802.11n
ScooterCat

Re: A1 - Are there any decent carrying cases

If you're just looking for a standard case, the Case Logic LAPST-107 works very well. $14.88 at Walmart.  I have not seen a folio type case that will work with the A1.

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Got this case on Amazon. They also have them on ebay that are for the lePad which is the Chinese version. They do have magnetic closure so I took the magnets out since I wasn't sure if they would cause a problem. MoKo(TM) Premium Leather Folding Cover Case with Stand for Lenovo IdeaPad A1 Android Tablet, BLACK

Punch Card
vaughn-

This is the case jsgrandma is talking about.  Got mine today and it is great.  Cut outs are perfect and even makes finding return/home/menu easier because the face cut out on the bottom guides your finger to the correct location.  Nice leather, $18 and fits like a glove.  Tilts the A1 up nicely for viewing when using keyboard. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005PRE31U/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Do you know if it has magnets? I don't have mine yet but the one I got from ebay I cut the magnets out. I get varying opinions on if they are safe to use.

Punch Card
vaughn-

Yes, it has magnets to keep it closed.  I am very familiar with this kind of stuff and it would take much larger magnets for them to have any potential for impact. 

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Thanks, the reason I was concerned was because in the Quick Start Guide that came with it under "Precautions and Tips" it says "Keep the IdeaPad Tablet A1-07 away from any magnetic substances, moblile phones in coversation, electrical appliances or speakers. I wish one of the moderators would comment on this.

Punch Card
vaughn-

I started repairing sophisticated electronics and mainframe computers almost 50 years ago.  Yes, they had them then!:smileyhappy:  I am absolutely positive the small magnets as installed in this case will not have any impact on your tablet.  Re, the warning: a large amount of magnetism from a much, much larger magnet or induced from a large generator could theoretically cause a temporary problem,  but for all intents and purposes, this warning is to cover their rear ends.

Keep in mind that even a magnetic recording device like a hard drive uses a very powerful magnetic controlled actuator to position the access mechanism and it does not impact the very magnetically sensitive recording platters within the same enclosures.

Put the magnets back in the case, don't worry about them anymore and enjoy your A1!!! 

Token Ring
tinybeetle

I ordered this one yesterday.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150707073431&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

Now comes the long wait for the slow boat from China.

Serial Port
Jaysus

Tinybeetle> I like that one.

Has anyone seen a hard case for the A1, similar to the one that Lenovo is selling for the K1?  http://bit.ly/ssTQc7