Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
DrOzda

A1 ICS 4.0.3 Preview version surfaced ?

Punch Card
amjl2000

Re: A1 ICS 4.0.3 Preview version surfaced ?

I'm not convinced until a fully functioning beta ROM or something like that is available, by Lenovo.
I have more faith in Graham and the boys and what they're doing :smileyhappy:
Token Ring
magnus33

Can't say i terribly surprised about this one.

We know that ics is being made for the k1 and its not a huge leap to do so for the A1.

It can run it as there tablets of the same or slightly lesser specs already doing so such as the Envizen  Digital 7 inch.

It wouldn't take much to do so for the A1 when there doing so for the K1 and would generate a whole lot of good will and press.

That and its just a plain smart move to give your buyers a unexpected present.

Even this early version is surprisingly stable and smooth although it still lacks driver support for the likes of wifi and camera.

Seems too stable to be a hacked together version by some guy in his basement, so i say its actually from official sources.

Punch Card
kingkong

Do we really have the ICS 4.0 for A 1 from Lenovo?

Token Ring
magnus33

Yes this actually works.

It runs smooth and basically  stable but still lacks driver support for the likes of wifi and camera.

Now if its home brew or official remains to be seen but it seems more likely its official since ics is being officially worked on for the K1.

Regardless of its source we win either way.

Token Ring
smalcom

[ Edited ]

I am still very skeptical about ICS for the A1. I have said before that I would be happy with Honeycomb, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an A2 which would run ICS  (perhaps with the K1 dual core A9?) now that the K1 is no longer being sold/manufactured. I am very happy with my A1, and as I have said before moving the A1 to a tablet-oriented OS (Honeycomb) would leave me happy as a pig in poop,

Mea culpa! I meant Honeycomb. We already have Gingerbread.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Token Ring
magnus33

[ Edited ]

All beleive it when i see it myself in final fully working form.

That said the A1 can run ics without any issues and there no need to take my word as there are single core tablets already doing so like this one.

http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=781

Had hands on it and it is indeed running ics very smoothly.

I tested the aplha that in the link and it indeed works without any really issues besides lack of drivers for some hardware.

In its current state its not far off from fully working.

Thats why i suspect its actually being worked on by lenovo in some form since it wouldn't take very much to get it going and the K1 is going to get it, so why not and make owners happy.

Token Ring
smalcom

magnus33 wrote:

All beleive it when i see it myself in final fully working form.

That said the A1 can run ics without any issues and there no need to take my word as there are single core tablets already doing so like this one.

http://forum.mediasonic.ca/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=781

Had hands on it and it is indeed running ics very smoothly.

I tested the aplha that in the link and it indeed works without any really issues besides lack of drivers for some hardware.

In its current state its not far off from fully working.

Thats why i suspect its actually being worked on by lenovo in some form since it wouldn't take very much to get it going and the K1 is going to get it, so why not and make owners happy.

Everyone seems to be sure that the KI is getting ICS. Lenovo no longer sells it, and given their dismal support history, I would suspect that the K1 is an orphan. Bugs may be fixed, but new implementations? Just look at the USB Host Cable thread. Wouldn't count on ICS for the K1.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Token Ring
magnus33

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-IdeaTab-Slate-Tablets/Ice-Cream-Sandwich-for-Ideapad-K1/td-p/638...

Well thats not a signed statement from them its likely its coming.