Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
fred_yu_job

A1 - New ROM - 2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

[ Edited ]

2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

Is there any body done the upgrade?

Any changes do you get???

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

Re: A1 - New ROM - 2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

I upgraded with the testota version (2643-ROW).

the only change I see is that the Google Maps 6.3.0 works.

Punch Card
Max1001001

Re: A1 - New ROM - 2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

The GPS works much better. It gets a fix much faster & hangs on to it better.

Max

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Downloading the US version now Fred. I'll let you know.

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Installed from the Settings, About Tablet, System updates screen.

Only issue was that when it does the power-down there is no indicator telling you that you must power-back on manually. Everything seems to be working as before.

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

[ Edited ]

So, it looks like the most, if not only, visable change is for the GPS. . . 

I'll compare the files in the ROM between the OTA ROW and otatest ROW versions later.

Punch Card
PiemJi

tinybeetle wrote:

Installed from the Settings, About Tablet, System updates screen.

Only issue was that when it does the power-down there is no indicator telling you that you must power-back on manually. Everything seems to be working as before.

Just updated to 2643_US... same experience... Everything seems to be working as before.

Token Ring
smalcom

Also just updated. Everything seems fine. There was a message just before the system rebooted that this is a two-part update and the second part will be provided at a later date. Did I mis-read, or is there more coming?

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Punch Card
amjl2000

I read the 'two part upgrade' bit... and was pretty sure I didn't see a second part at the time. I was amused by the chinglish during the procedure.

Only thing I have noticed after the update, the lockscreen says "(no service)" in the top corner - lenovo are regressing their firmware to make it more phone-like?!

Still, I guess it won't be long before the majority of brave owners will be putting a more stable CM7 on theirs...

Fanfold Paper
kamorant

Does anybody have a list of what was changed in this upgrade?

It would seem that the GPS works better and the Google map crash/reboot bug is gone. But what else could be in there? Must be more.... I wonder about the wierd powerup, power button anomalies?

Also is it safe to Root it with the likes of OneClickRoot?

Thanks