Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
kingkong

Re: A1 - New ROM - 2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

After first installation, it reboot and installed the second one very fast, may be you don't notice.

Punch Card
fKing

Re: A1 - New ROM - 2643_US / TR / GR as well as ROW are there for the OTA upgrade.

probably true!
Token Ring
smalcom

Mine just shut down. There was no reboot, and no message to reboot.. Just tried again and the message is "Your system is currently up to date." Will keep checking.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Punch Card
fKing

it shuts down, you turn it back on...and all should be well...
Punch Card
metroman

Just updated my A1, not noticed any changes as yet.
Martin
Token Ring
tinybeetle

It might be coincidence, but I'm noticing quicker and more stable satelite lock when using the GPS since upgrading to the 2643 FW.

What's DOS?
tdup

Hi All,

Things I've notice...

Functionality...

Faster pickup on satalites

Longer Battery Life

Google Maps Works Now

Stable Wireless

Numerous Graphical enhancements such as...

Standard Icons in app tray now higher resolution,

Other "standard" apps now higher resolution interface (Music Player, Browser etc)

System Lock / Pattern Lock now higher resolution

Smoother scrolling (possibly just me?)

Button lights still turn off too quickly though

Punch Card
amjl2000

+1 for faster gps lock, according to gps status (app) takes 12-17 seconds on different tries (from fresh boot)
SCSI Port
jpisini

Thank you to the Ideapad team. My battery is below 30% (it won't allow uodates till I recharge) so it looks like I won't get to try it out till tomorrow. That is OK as I have been one of the lucky ones and have had no issues with my A1.

Punch Card
kingkong

I used the Google map and Navigator to search the direction, I heard the voice spoke about the direction suddenly it hang and I try to turn off the tablet A 1.  It won't stop and I try to reset it and nothing.  I press the power several times and finally it reboots again.  I am using the Google map 6.13.  I am afraid my A 1 shall be a brick.  I had updated to 2643 us rom.