Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
Italiano

A1: Screen flickering at low brightness

Hi guys,

I'm new to Android and world of tablets as well. My wife has an A1 and its screen starts flickering slightly when on low brightness. Has anybody noticed similar?
I'd like to ask you a favour. Can you please turn down the brightness on your A1 while watching a youtube video with bright, static background (like news or talk show) or browsing (pressing links) a web page with white background? I wonder if you will experience any flickering while on low brightness.
I read on forums this is a common thing with all LED-backlit screens on low brightness (Wikipedia confirms this) but since most people don't notice it, it's not a big issue. We are thinking of returning the unit but want to avoid the hassle if this really is a normal behaviour.

Thanks!

Token Ring
tinybeetle

Re: A1: Screen flickering at low brightness

Yes, I have noticed this. It was extremely bad on prior firmware versions. The 2643 firmware fixed it quite a bit, but in low light the sensor still appears to be a tad too responsive.

You can live with it, or you can turn off Settings > Display > Brightness > Automatic brightness , and set it manually.

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

Re: A1: Screen flickering at low brightness

[ Edited ]

i simply turned the sensor off.