Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
PiemJi

A1 - What Launcher are you using to replace the Lenovo Launch Widget?

I recently decided that the Launch Widget on the A1 just wasn't to my liking and I downloaded and installed  GO LAUNCHER EX.  This is a free download from the market and I was pleased with the GO Keyboard for Lenovo (which came with the unit) so I figured I would give the GO Launcher a shot.

I am quite pleased with this Launcher and made it the default (I can always switch back to the Original Widget).  I can now decide how many home screens I want and I can choose which will be the default when I press the home button... and I can define the action of the home button and a lot more neat stuff (this is my first venture into Android territory, so everything is new to me).

Punch Card
jeeab

Re: A1 - What Launcher are you using to replace the Lenovo Launch Widget?

ADW EX for me. Costs ,oney but i think its worth it
Token Ring
fred_yu_job

Lancher Pro.
The only reason for the changing is that I can customeize the UI now.
Punch Card
PiemJi

I was a little undecided at first, and I am not opposed to spending a few bucks, but figured that I would look at the free launchers first so if they did the job I wanted, I would save myself the expense and spend the money elsewhere.

I watched a few Youtube reviews and tried Go Launcher Ex... just using it for a day or two now, but liking it a lot and finding no reason to look further.  Seems like the 3 main ones are Launcher Pro, ADW, and GO Launcher EX.  I think they all have similar features, but my favorite feature is... FREE!

jeeab wrote:
ADW EX for me. Costs ,oney but i think its worth it

Token Ring
tinybeetle

i personally perfer the VTL Launcher. It is designed for tablets. There is a free version on XDA (slightly older), and the latest version is on the Android Market. And no, it hasn't been updated in quite some time. There is no need to fix what isn't broken.

Here's a YouTube video of the launcher in action.

p.s. Note: XDA is down right now (as are a lot of other sites) to protest the SOPA legislation that the USA is considering.

Token Ring
fred_yu_job

Isn't Launcher Pro free ???

Serial Port
Jaysus

There is a free version of LauncherPro, but there is also a paid version that includes some neat widgets and excludes the occasional request to purchase the full version.

P.S. I use the free LauncherPro.  It is no longer under active development, however, I am fine with it as is.

Fanfold Paper
ClSlate

I too did not like the rather large Lenovo launch widget in the center of the screen.  Nor did I want the Lenovo Store button, as updates from this application do not install correctly for me.  I use the Android Market.  Anyway, I installed the Zeam Launcher, a very simple launcher with a customizable dock, multiple home screens, widgets, folders, and works in both portrait and landscape mode.  Now, on the Market, the A1 shows up as "not compatible", so I downloaded the .APK and it installed fine.  Seems to be operating fine for several weeks now.

ClSlate

Punch Card
fKing

there are some really-nice launchers out there; i went with the vtl launcher as well (but almost anything is better than the default).

now if i could just delete some default apps......

802.11n
ScooterCat

ADW Launcher EX for me.

With 200 screen resolution, and 6 columns x 7 rows, it's near perfect.