Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Tanavots

Re: A1 Wifi Bug - Fix or No Fix?

I have Ideapad A1 w/t 2643_GE and also have problem, that WiFi driver crashing Android. Same symptoms - sometimes working well whole day, then can't connect network and turning on/off crashes OS after 3rd time or so. Never voted or reported problem before, as I use tablet for entertainment.

Fanfold Paper
ClieOS

[ Edited ]

Thanks for chiming in, Tanavots. I hope more users like us who are effected by the Wifi issue will come forth and bring the issue into the light. But given we haven't gotten any official response of any sort of far, I guess this might just be our own dire struggle.

What's DOS?
xlctemp

My first A1 seems that have this problem,too.Lucky, when I returned to the store  they replace a new one to me (although I talk to them that it is noisy when you play music with the lowest volume,not that problem ). Now it work very well.

Token Ring
smalcom

Tanavots wrote:

I have Ideapad A1 w/t 2643_GE and also have problem, that WiFi driver crashing Android. Same symptoms - sometimes working well whole day, then can't connect network and turning on/off crashes OS after 3rd time or so. Never voted or reported problem before, as I use tablet for entertainment.

I have discovered that if I turn off Wi-Fi, run a few apps and try to turn it back on again, my systems reboots. There is a "fix" that I found. If you kill all running apps, and then try to turn on Wi-Fi it works fine. I use GO Power Monitor, and the widget has a button the clears all running apps. This seems to have solved my problem.

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Fanfold Paper
ClieOS

[ Edited ]

I use GO task manager to clean apps regularly, though it doesn't really make the WiFi situation better for me.

Anyway, here is a quick one-week bump. I already make my move to Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+ - great tablet and only wish I haven't tried to save some money on A1, which ends up coming back and bite me. Anyway, I am still waiting for any kind fo words from Lenovo. Same question - fox or no fix?

Punch Card
Tanavots

So far WiFi working fine with GO Power Monitor. But now, restarts occur during standby. :smileywink:
Punch Card
Tanavots

Finally unexpected reboots stopped. Read some forums and most users suggested to set WiFi profile to NEVER. So far Uptime 69:35.

Hope still that update for WiFi on the way or at least ICS ... :smileywink:

What's DOS?
bbhny

I bought a Lenovo A1 3 weeks ago - same exact wifi problem. I'm fed up.. Been contacting Lenovo and waiting for days (Sent them several messages). It's a piece of garbage. Im moving to galaxy 7,

Fanfold Paper
ClieOS

A month since last post to the thread, so here is a quick update.

I already have the ICS beta firmware installed, now on 0091 release. So far the wifi bug seems to be fixed. However, the ICS isn't the most stable (yet it is still far more stable than any of the gingerbread) and installing is a hassle, to say the least (I brick it once and have to rescue it with a bootable TF card). I won't recommend the beta ICS to novice at the moment unless you are as desperate as I am. 

Paper Tape
tambo

Greetings. Four weeks ago I receive a gift Lenovo A1 tablet and I have the same problem as you. At each active connection to wifi tablet is reset, I tried to go in and repair the connector, but nothing has improved. Is there anyone that was able to fix. :smileyfrustrated: