Support in other languages: 
802.11n
sinanju

A1 bug reports for you to vote on for solutions

[ Edited ]

No longer participating.  Sorry folks.  If you want to know why, send a message to Mark_Lenovo

Edit - because you decided to leave.  Announced your intentions to edit / redact your posts, and that your account be banned. 

Token Ring
delezynski

Re: A1 bug reports for you to vote on for solutions

Make Skype video work!
802.11n
sinanju

Skype video is almost certainly a Skype issue.  Video works fine with Google Talk.

Token Ring
delezynski

Let's see here....

Skype has been out for many years.
The requirements for Skype have been published for ever.
The A1 is brand new.
The ad for the A1 tells me that Skype works with it.
Skype DOES NOT WORK

How is it a Skype problem?

Greg
802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]

A1 complies with Skype's requirements as stated here:

• Chip with NEON technology: A1's ARM Cortex-A8 has that
  • Android 2.2 or better: A1 has 2.3.4
  • A 3G or WiFi connection: A1 has WiFi

Plus, video on the A1 demonstrably works with other Android apps including the Camera app with the rear-facing camera and Google Talk for video calls using both the front and the rear facing cameras.

So, the requirements have been met and the cameras are known to work with the currently deployed version of Android and a variety of apps.  When the Skype app starts video for the first time, it even states that it may not work with cameras that they themselves have not verified. So, how is this not Skype's problem?  It sounds like they have a verification and patch process to go through.

Token Ring
delezynski

Lenovo stated that the A1 WILL work with Skype. It does NOT! That is how it is not a Skype problem.

I DO agree that a verification process and a patch is needed! But it's a Lenovo process that needs to take place.

Greg
802.11n
sinanju

Sorry... this isn't even unique to Lenovo.  Verizon is in the same trap.  They supply Skype on their devices, yet look at the comments about the Droid X here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skype.android.verizon

Token Ring
delezynski

It sort of looks like this to me.....

You are driving along with your new car and you get a flat tire. You go to change the tire and find you have no spare tire. The dealer advertised that the car comes with a spare. When you call the car dealer, he tells you it's the tire companies problem not his.

Greg
802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]

More like, your car dealer told you satellite radio would work in your car, but the satellite provider hasn't enabled the model satellite receiver in the car yet.

You can continue to post... the last word is yours, if you like, but I'm done arguing the point.

If you would like to direct your energies where they would do more good, I've started a thread in the Skype support forum:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/Ideapad-A1-meets-reqs-Why-no-video/td-p/336730

Token Ring
delezynski

Sinanju,

THANKS for the Skype post and link to it! I just added my name there also. I really don't care how it gets fixed, just that it does.

Greg