Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ltlendian

Re: A1 bug reports for you to vote on for solutions

Me and everyone I've talked to who also has a Lenovo A1 as sold by amazon.de (German version, micro SD slot only, 16GB, v2.3.4.) also have the problem about Google Maps app crashing the entire tablet, not just the App, but the entire thing reboots a few seconds after start. Could you please fix that or aide Google in fixing the app, Lenovo?

SCSI Port
jsgrandma

Happened to me as well but per another post on here if you uninstall update and go back to 5.8 it works well.

802.11n
sinanju

The thing that worries me is that Lenovo sees all problems as software problems and wants to drive customers with software problems to Google.  However, a bug in Android or Google Maps wouldn't normally be able to drag down the entire tablet. 

This smells like a driver issue, which would be Lenovo's problem.  However, there is no way to report this sort of issue to Lenovo.  If you call the support line, they will claim they only support the hardware.  If you keep pressing them on a software issue, they'll forward you to a different number -- who, I don't know -- and those folks may take a report, but there's no indication that will go anywhere.

802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]

Added the pointer to the Skype bug report to the parent posting.  I should have done that a while ago.

What's DOS?
Joanzin

I too have had the reboot problems. I have downgraded the maps and it still does it. This is not a maps issue. I also get ilegal battery operations errors on occasion when it tries to reboot. I think this is a hardware issue or a driver issue. It also has issues trying to get it to restart...it starts easier when wifi is turned off or if you "bump" the tablet before you try and turn it back on if it powers off by itself. I also have usb issues trying to get it to charge from time to time, and also it gives me false battery charge levels too.

This all adds up to driver issues if you ask me.

I have read on a few other forums including XDA developers and ALOT of people are having these problems. Some claim putting the tablet into plane mode helps keep the reboots down...but I am skeptical. The K1 tablet also has this same issue from what I read as well a couple of other models and this seems to be a big issue with a few of thier products. Shame on Lenovo for knowing this issue and letting it go for so long!!!!!!!! I am returing mine....I used to be a fan of IBM....I am thinking they lost something when they were bought out.

There are alot of disappointed people posting about this all over. It's truly sad. I love this tablet (as well as many other who had to return thiers) but it's worthless if it keeps rebooting every 20 minutes. They could corner the market with this tablet in my opinion but they are ruining by putting out what could be a great product that is garbage.

Punch Card
kingkong

The problem of not having the connection to the usbdrive as it show there is usb drive in the Astro.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

sinaju,

We do pay attention, and will look into the Skype issue.

One of the challenges in the forum is that we can't chase every issue that is reported.  My experience with my own K1 is that things come and go with different OTAs and even just restarting the tablet sometimes fixes things.

As a result, we are looking for issues which are persistent and experienced by many customers as ones to go chase.

As these are reported, posting step by step what you did, what didn't work, where it failed will help us a lot.

Sharing a screen shot pic can help as well.

Giving kudos (clicking the star) or selecting Me Too aren't going to game us on a particular point.  The kudos function is there for users to recognize each other and to help us find some of the most helpful and influential members in the community (it is an indicator).   The "me too" feature is still a work in progress - we do want to use it to understand which issues have the most impact.  We would like to evolve the function to allow people to click it even if they aren't registered in the forum and submit their email.  Then when the problem is solved, they would get an email with a back link.

I agree that not everything needs to go back to google or an App owner / developer.   If some incompatibilities span multiple hardware platforms though, it may be a sign there is more to the issue than just what a single OEM like Lenovo controls on their device.

Don't give up - please help define the issues and we will try to work on them.

Thanks!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]

Mark_Lenovo

I was not referring to "Kudos" or "Me Too" when I said vote on bugs.  The votiing I was referring to was clicking the star in the bug report at code.google.com... you know...  the links provided in the OP for the bug reports Lenovo insisted I create when I called Lenovo support.  Bug reports they insisted I create because they insisted these issues were not their problem.

So, I guess you didn't bother to click the links or fully understand the posting before responding? 

As for, " One of the challenges in the forum is that we can't chase every issue that is reported."  The GPS driver issue is the most easily -- even passively -- reproducible problem I've ever seen in 20 years of software development.  Your statement borders on insulting.

802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]

Added a bug report for the WiFi reboot problem.  Please follow the link in the OP to code.google.com if you wish to vote-up the issue.

Serial Port
geoponer

Regarding the Skype issue, it has been acknowledged and hopefully will be taken care of eventually... but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.