sinanju

Re: A1 bug reports for you to vote on for solutions

[ Edited ]

No longer participating

Token Ring
tinybeetle

What US update? :smileyfrustrated:

I don't see it in the OTATEST path on their download site yet.

802.11n
sinanju

[ Edited ]
I'm being optimistic.  ROW update has the fix and Mr. Hopkins has tweated that the impending US update will have the fix.  He claims this will happen next week or the week after.  I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
https://twitter.com/#!/lenovoforums/status/169523768203542528

tinybeetle wrote:

What US update? :smileyfrustrated:

I don't see it in the OTATEST path on their download site yet.

Fanfold Paper
ClSlate

Skype Update 2.7.0.907 still has video problem.  Incoming video is right-side-up in landscape mode, while outgoing is up-side-down.

ClSlate

Punch Card
ZenMasta

Desperately hoping this fixes the power on issues/off issues while charging etc. My biggest complaint for this device certainly. I noticed touch and holding on home screens now has a grid you can see how many tiles an icon occupies it seems.
Fanfold Paper
slinky

You'd think that someone somewhere would be able to fix this problem which would seem pretty simple to solve. One wonders whether the problem is more complex than it seems or nobody gives a darn and prefers to let users find out they don't care until after purchase.

Seriously guys, do the customers have to raise a huge stink to boycott products unless someone can own up to this? I'd like to know who can fix this - it may actually be Skype who control all the cards since they actually write the software which recognizies the device and puts out the image. Just mention that GoogleTalk works perfectly in the Skype forums... But what scares me is that the Skype forum looks like a complete ghost town.

Token Ring
tinybeetle

You can either continue to scream at the darkness, or you can light a match.

Just use the modified Skype software from XDA. If you search for it you'll find the link on this forum. It may not be based on Skype's latest and greatest, but who cares? It works.

Punch Card
ScottFromDenver

I don't know if these are bugs or just system limitations:

1) no usb hosting, even if you find an adaptor that fits.

2) no Bluetooth that works, although 3rd-party bluetooth software does work.

3) no screen capture

gmarkall
Topics: 6
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 21

ScottFromDenver:

1. Android Gingerbread doesn't support USB hosting - there are some ROMs that have it added it, but it's not officially a feature.

2. Not sure what you mean - other people report Bluetooth working for them. If you're having problems using Bluetooth, could you start a thread describing your problem please?

3. You need to be rooted to do screen capture, and there are apps on the market that will do this.

Punch Card
ScottFromDenver

1: Does that mean that USB hosting will work when ICS comes to the A1?

2: Many posts on this board describe a situation of Bluetooth recognizing a device, but not pairing with it.  I have asked if anyone has been able to do it, and every response has been from a K1 owner.  Point me to a report of an A1 successfully pairing with a BT device (I can't find any).

3: My last tablet (Archos 70) had a screen capture setting, and it wasn't rooted.