Support in other languages: 
gmarkall
Topics: 6
Kudos: 114
Solutions: 21

Re: A1 bug reports for you to vote on for solutions

ScottFromDenver,

1. Not necessarily! It's a possibility, but it depends on Lenovo deciding to implement it. 
2. I've been able to successfully pair with Bluetooth devices. I'll have a search for Bluetooth-related posts in this forum and see if I can help out.
3. What I explained was what you'd need to do in order to do screen capture on the A1. It's not a bug that another manufacturer decided to build in a screen capture function into their stock ROM and Lenovo didn't.

Punch Card
Max1001001

[ Edited ]

1. Not necessarily! It's a possibility, but it depends on Lenovo deciding to implement it. 
2. I've been able to successfully pair with Bluetooth devices. I'll have a search for Bluetooth-related posts in this forum and see if I can help out.
3. What I explained was what you'd need to do in order to do screen capture on the A1. It's not a bug that another manufacturer decided to build in a screen capture function into their stock ROM and Lenovo didn't.

You don't have to be rooted to do a screen capture with the A1. I'm not rooted & observe vous:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/659/launchers.jpg

You do need to install Java Development Kit, Android SDK, Android Screen Capture & maybe the Google USB Driver Package if you don't already have it:

http://www.mightypocket.com/2010/09/installing-android-screenshots-screen-capture-screen-cast-for-wi...

Max

Punch Card
ScottFromDenver

1. We all hope they do.
2. Do you just have to wait awhile or press the "Discoverable" button on the device several times? I know I couldn't get it working.
3. I am able to use the FOSS Android Screen Capture on my Mac when the USB cable is connected. I suspected but didn't know for sure that the screen capture feature on my Archos 70 was an OEM add-on. I agree, this is not a bug, just a disappointing non-feature.
gmarkall
Topics: 6
Kudos: 114
Solutions: 21

ScottFromDenver,

Regarding point 2, what device are you trying to pair with?

Blue Screen Again
mmmmna

Hey, all... My first post here, am nearly a forum pro in general.

A1_07, barely a week old, and I have this:

1] Bluetooth pairing (whenever Bluetooth finally decides to work) always sets the A1 using profiles for either media audio or as tablet audio, or both. Can't transfer files of any format other than formats recognized as audio. And then, only after 20 minutes of fussing with repeated connection failures. My .mobi files are waiting to go in, and my photos need to get transferred off the A1. Bluetooth is a neater solution versus removing the SD card, and not having BT connectivity for ALL file formats will not be tolerated. I'd still want BT for cleaning up to factory reset it. BT should not be this malfunctional for broad consumer appeal.

2] The Lenovo App store needs to be updated but the update fails to install after repeated downloads. Sigh.

I'd prefer to not root it.