Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Alexandra4JC

A1 reboots every time I wake it up

I've had this tablet for a few months now and I've already had to mail it in to be repaired once. When I first got it  it would do a soft reboot several times but it would be random; while I was doing something. Then I had another problem and had to send it in to be repaired a little after having it for a month and when I got it back it was working fine up until about two weeks ago. Now, every time I wake it up to use it (I rarely ever power it down completely) it either freezes during the unlocking stage and reboots or it unlocks and then does a soft reboot. I checked to see if maybe it needed to be updated again but unfortnately it does not. I was so hoping that may be it because I don't want to spend another $13 to $16 to mail it in (an insure it) for repairs again. Any suggestions?

802.11n
sinanju

Re: A1 reboots every time I wake it up

[ Edited ]

No longer participating

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Alexandra4JC

Re: A1 reboots every time I wake it up

Okay, thank you! I changed the wifi setting to never, like you said, though I'm not sure what that would have to do with the system doing a soft reboot every time I wake it up but I will see what happens. The thing is, it wasn't doing this even 1/4 as much of the time before I had to send it in for repairs but maybe it was originally set to never and when they returned it to me they had changed the setting. Will having the wifi set to :"never" use up more battery power if I just let it sleep when not in use and never literally power it down? I'm thinking that is the case.

Anyway I will check again at the end of the week to see if there is an update available. I sure hope this works as I can't afford to send this in for repairs even if they do fix it because I am taking a college course and I have the book on my tablet as an ebook.

Thanks again!