Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
The_Pooh

A1, three button - how to light them? how to lock them?

Hello to everybody!

I have the  A1 tablet. Generally it is perfect on terms value pre money but I wonder about two things:

1. The three buttons. Can w light them up continuously? The back button is used very of the, and whet it is dark it is hard to find, so my daughter is pushing it very often twice (one time to light is up and second to use it), which is causing some annoying situations.

2. Can we block/lock periodically this three buttons. E.g. When she is playing the games, she push accidentally one of the button and the game is interrupted.

Thanks for any advices and tips

802.11n
sinanju

Re: A1, three button - how to light them? how to lock them?

There is currently no was to do #1. I think #1 will fix #2. Your suggestion has been made before. With luck, it will be in the next software release.
Punch Card
diomenes

I also found it hard to locate the buttons and was using A1 "geography" to locate them (the home button is just above the right end of the SD card slot, the menu button is just above the left side of the slot, and the back button is just above the charging LED).  Still tough in the dark until I bought a case that "frames" the buttons.  Now I never miss-hit unless it is out of the case. The case is the J-Kase for the A1 (available on Amazon).  It also has slots that act like a stand so that it supports itself (better in landscape than portrait orientation) so you don't have to hold it.

Blue Screen Again
The_Pooh

HA, thaks for answers.

J-Kase maybe you will not believe but Amazon is not operating In Poland, so purchase is hard to consider presently ;-( And A1 is to fresh to fiond the case in other place.

Serial Port
Jaysus

For the Back and Menu capacitive buttons, I find myself "swiping" from the outer edge of the table towards the middle until the buttons light up... it is not ideal, but has been helpful for me.

However, it is my Daughter's tablet, and she is just too young to figure that out, so she will often hit the button twice as well. 

Paper Tape
Ilenef

Take a dab of pink or white nail polish? So she can see it in the dark.

Token Ring
smalcom

Ilenef wrote:

Take a dab of pink or white nail polish? So she can see it in the dark.

Gasp! Deface an IdeaPad A1? Sacreligious! It's a good idea, but most people put skins, cases and protectors on their tablets and phones. You may be drummed out of the tablet forum (LOL). :smileysad:

IdeaPad A1-07
iPhone 3GS
Paper Tape
lfreytag

Hi. Yup, what were they thinking. Anyway, maybe somebody could write an app that turns on the button lites. I have seen apps that turn on the led light for the camera, it was called the flashlight app. The other way it will be fixed is when they upgrade to a current OS. The buttons move onto the live screen and stay on all the time.  Any word on that. This upgrade was recently made to another basic tablet I have, the vizio 8" er and the upgrade really made the thing a much better tablet, especially the browser, plus it runs faster now. 

Punch Card
amjl2000

perhaps a small thin rectangle of sticky paper (from a label or somthing), and put beneath the button, so as to underline where the button is. Could look reasonably smart still?

Punch Card
fKing

i've got a little silver star from a sheet of japanese stickers (my GF found on etsy) over each button. subtle (enough) and tactile, so easy to find the buttons...