Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
spuchacz

Android Ice Cream Sandwich Plans for K1

Can anyone comment on Andriod Ice Cream Sandwich plans for the K1?  I've seen press that Lenovo has recently released new Tablets in China that are Ice Cream Sandwich based.

I'd love to see an update in January.

Punch Card
Kidromulous

Re: Android Ice Cream Sandwich Plans for K1

Yes I can comment. The Lenovo thinkpad is due to see ICS in the first quarter of next year and I would imagine the Ideapad is on a similiar track. However as with 3.2.1 you will likely see test roms for the brave. In case you were wondering where I got this info 

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19413/ice_cream_sandwich_lenovo_thinkpad_tablet

have a great day

Kid

www.androrev.com

Android Culture Magazine

Fanfold Paper
rgohringer

The blog is specific to Thinkpad. I hope the same applies to the Ideapad K1.

Fanfold Paper
buffdaddy

I'm sure we'll see an update sometime early this year. Read on Engadget the Transformer Prime is already getting ICS on January 12th. Although it is the newest of the tablets, then I'm assuming Motorola will get it next  then all the rest.

Just hope Lenovo doesn't drag it's feet until say Spring for an update because I'll be ready for a change back to the IOS kind. Took long enough for us to get HC 3.2.....

Fanfold Paper
skywalker28

Yeah.... thinking to join the rest of my family who's using 3 iPads amont them with an iPad3 if this crap continues
Paper Tape
bryansworld

Hey Guys,

Just want to join in late in the discussion. So I've been peeved with this whole "upgrade to Android 4" issue (since it being able to be upgraded to Android 4 was why I bought it) so I decided to call Lenovo and complain.

After being directed to 4 different numbers, and half an hour later, I was told that there was going to be a release of Android 4 on the K1!!!!!

I'm holding them to this...

If they deliver on this, my confidence is back on Lenovo :smileyhappy:

Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Dude. This forum is for IDEAPAD SYSTEMS. The TPT is a THINKPAD SYSTEM.

Not to be rude, but it seems to me like you only post when you are promoting your website. I have yet to see you contribute something of use to these forums.