DId you miss the file slow-work.ko ?

Sorry for my terrible English :smileyhappy:

gmarkall
Topics: 6
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 21

Re: Android Source Code

Ilikecokethree,

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, I am missing slow-work.ko - I stupidly built it in the kernel, not as a module - whoops!

I'll get back with a slow-work.ko, hopefully later today.

Paper Tape
ilikecokethree

Gmarkall,

Many thanks to you for the hard work! Wish you the best of luck!
Punch Card
callback79

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

We are also continuing to look into the K1 - I appreciate the detailed feedback from khanning and krook1.  

Some news ?

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

The A1 code basically works - many thanks to Gmarkall.   He has identified another item associated with the A1 code and we are working with our development on that.  

Some progress on an update for the K1 code, but we need to do some more testing - probably will have updated code on the download link next week.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Token Ring
aleafonthewind

Looking forward to that. Thank you for your help Mark, we appreciate your time.

gmarkall

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update - sounds like the ball is rolling to get the last piece of the puzzle in place!

Just for clarification: it looks like the source to the kernel itself is complete - I've been running a self-compiled kernel for a few days now, and don't have any issues that I didn't have in the first place. I get reboots related to the wireless driver after a couple of days' uptime, but that's nothing new.

The missing component is the source to the wireless driver module (dhd.ko). It was built outside of the kernel tree, which is why I imagine it was overlooked in the recent source release. Once we have the source to this component, everything that we need to provide community-driven software updates for the A1 will be available to us - in particular, we'll be able to port the A1-specific changes into more recent versions of the Linux kernel.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the X-Loader and U-Boot sources compile and work just fine.

What's DOS?
COGOL

Thank you for you hard working,Gmakall,you are a hero,I believe that you will make A1 much better.:smileyvery-happy:

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

gmarkall,

We just swapped out the code on the A1 download link on my earlier post marked as the solution in this thread ... I'm told that we've included the missing wifi driver.  

Appreciate your continued feedback as does the rest of the community!

khanning, Krook1,

We may have another K1 update coming - don't have an ETA just yet, but hopefully within a week or so.  That was about the timeframe for the last A1 update.

Will update you guys as soon as I hear something..

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
gmarkall

Mark,

Many thanks! I've compiled the wifi driver and tested for just a few minutes, and it seemed to be OK. I've now added the built-from-source driver to the Cyanogenmod 7 nightly builds - when people start using these we should be able to find out if there's any problems over the next few days. (Hopefully there won't be :smileyhappy: )