Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
lenk1

Re: Any Fix for the "Wake from Sleep" and "Random Reboot" issues?

Just got a k1 yesterday and started seeing the wake from sleep issue.  I am currently at K1_A301_11_11_111025_US.  I installed the other launcher as suggested and it appeared to have fixed the issue.  However I started experiencing the issue with it as well.  I noticed that the navigatoin button on the middle right was ligthing up after the screen was totally dark which led me to believe that the screen was unlocked but just dark.  I then sat the tablet down facing up to the light and the screen came on.  I then proceeded to do multiple sleep/locks and wake/unlocks with both launchers and they both worked when the tablet was facing up but did not when I was lying down with the tablet facing down from above me.  I would then place the tablet face up and the screen would light up and I was back in business.  Hope this helps.

What's DOS?
lenk1

Update: seems like the problem goes away if I turn the display auto brightness off.
802.11n
ricochet_k1

[ Edited ]

lenk1, I think you may be on to something. Although I've only had my K1 a few days, I did not start having the wake from sleep issue until I enabled the auto brightness which I noticed is not enabled by default. I'll post back in another day or so and let you know if this actually resolves it for me.

Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
802.11n
ricochet_k1

[ Edited ]

Successfully tested this method all day . You appear to have identified a way for me to consistently reproduce the unable to wake from sleep behvior. Enable auto brightness, and I cannot wake up my k1 after about 30 min. Hard reboot required. Disable auto brightness and I can wake from sleep without any issues over and over, regardless of time, or the amount of apps or services I have running in the background. I have not had any random reboots since purchasing the tablet. I'm running K1_A301_11_11_111025_US.

Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Blue Screen Again
ash501

I have the same problem, got it yesterday with the A301_11_11_111025_US build after several updates. Looks like you pinpointed the issue. After turning off Autobright it at least solves the problem. Still considering to return it, loved the unit , shame we don't see muchinput from Lenovo's tech support... Thank you for posting
Paper Tape
phongthan999

bought it on Nov 26.

got random reboot, so annoying, and problems of waking up. arrrgg.

802.11n
ricochet_k1

[ Edited ]

Have those of you who continue to experience the "unable to wake from sleep" issue at least tried disabling the auto-brightness feature?  Worked like a charm for me.  I actually like having the the brightness set at about 70-80%.  Plenty bright and stable here. 

Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Paper Tape
phongthan999

there is an sugestion that install ADW launcher should fix it. but that launcher is for phone.

802.11n
ricochet_k1

phongthan999 wrote:

there is an sugestion that install ADW launcher should fix it. but that launcher is for phone.

Right, but both lenk1 and myself are stable after disabling auto-brightness.  Haven't seen any feedback from others.

The ADW launcher EX looks cool, but I have no need for it.

Thanks,
Ricochet_K1
K1_A301_14_14_120109_US
Punch Card
tach95

K1 is now a week old. Have wake up problem still even after update to 3'2'1K1_A301_11_11_111025_US Auto brightness is off. Now trying to reduce running services to: Lenovo App Shop/Lenovo Ime/Google Services. Will report back. I like Lenovo's launcher. At least I'm getting use to it. Otherwise tablet is stable. Also lost DocumentToGo access after update. One thing I notice is the wake up is fine depending on battery level. It seems @ 40%I have to restart the tablet always.